ArticleBiz.com :: Free article content
Authors: Maximum article exposure. Publishers: Reprintable article content.
BROWSE ARTICLES
ArticleBiz.com Home
Featured Articles
Recently Added Articles
Most Viewed Articles
Article Comments
Advanced Article Search
AUTHORS
Submit Article
Check Article Status
Author TOS
PUBLISHERS
RSS Article Feeds
Terms of Service

Asking Attendees The Right Questions At Trade Show Exhibits
Home Business Marketing & Advertising
By: Chris Harmen Email Article
Word Count: 547 Digg it | Del.icio.us it | Google it | StumbleUpon it

  

For staff at trade show displays, it is important to ask attendees the right questions. Doing so will lead to a better rapport with the booth visitor, which can ultimately translate into more leads and possible sales. Having a team that is skilled at asking questions of their attendees at trade show exhibits is necessary to help guarantee that the company has a successful experience. The following tips and strategies can help increase the question-asking skills of those who are not naturals at it (most of us) into more effective exhibitors.

Identify Attendees At Trade Show Exhibits

First and foremost, staffers at trade show displays should find out whom they are speaking with. Immediately ask booth visitors who they are and what they do or who they work for. This is important, because exhibitors should deliver information about the company in a slightly different way depending on whom they are speaking with. Staff should definitely tailor different questions to a powerful buyer or representative from a big client than someone from a competitor. Also, knowing who the person is with whom you are speaking with can help refresh your memory from previous years or sales and help you direct your questions according to your knowledge of their needs.

Listen To What They Have To Say

It is crucial for booth staff to pay attention to what attendees at trade show exhibits are saying. Exhibitors should remember the 80/20 rule - listen 80% of the time and speak only for the other 20% or so. Focus on what the attendee is really saying. This allows you to frame your next questions accordingly. Many times, visitors will hint at subjects they want to cover. Do not shy away from these topics, or else the trade show displays' visitors will feel as if you are not truly listening. Address whatever concerns the attendee has. Avoid placating them with standard conciliatory remarks just to silence them - people can usually see right through those efforts. Instead, make a conscious attempt to customize a response that will help the visitor and soothe their worries.

Open-Ended Questions, Follow Up, And Form A Bond

Never begin a conversation with a booth visitor with a question that only requires a 'yes' or 'no' answer. This allows them an easy way out of the trade show exhibits. Instead, frame your questions so that the attendee is forced to give you more information. Ask what they are doing about something, how they feel about previously purchased products, or how they think your company can help them. It is important to follow up the original questions with more relevant questions. Demonstrate to the visitors to trade show displays that your company really cares about what they have to say.

Once in a good conversation with a booth attendee, staffers should try to build the relationship as much as possible. People generally love to talk about themselves. Ask about something off topic or give them a genuine compliment. This will go a long way toward reinforcing the business relationship.

If staff at trade show exhibits remembers to identify each booth visitor, truly listen to what they have to say, and ask open-ended questions, their company will have greater success at trade events.

Chris Harmen writes for the leading provider of trade show exhibits, Nashville Skyline. They offer expert consulting as well as a full line of supplies and services for professional Nashville trade show displays.

Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com

This article has been viewed 434 times.

Rate Article
Rating: 0 / 5 stars - 0 vote(s).

Article Comments
There are no comments for this article.

Leave A Reply
 Your Name
 Your Email Address [will not be published]
 Your Website [optional]
 What is nine + one? [tell us you're human]
Notify me of followup comments via email


Related Articles


Copyright © 2018 by ArticleBiz.com. All rights reserved.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Submit Article | Editorial