12 Key Issues Top Leaders Are Strategically Focusing On In Today's Economic Climate
What key important issues are other leaders strategically focusing on these days, in the midst of a volatile market? and Why is this question important to you?
Simply because many of these leaders understand that it can give them a more rounded global perspective so they themselves can make better decision in these unstable economic times.
Let's answer this question...
In a recent corporate survey which included more than 1800 business leaders from around the world, it was found that many of these global leaders were paying attention to 12 key issues today. Let's take a look at each of them!
1. Competitive Pressure - (Global Leaders are focusing on the increasing task of becoming more efficient in delivering products and services to their customers, so they could become even more better than their business rivals in delivering the best solutions to their clients)
2. Economic Challenges - (Global Leaders are focusing on both the near and long term issues that plague their industries as they work to cope with soft economies world wide)
3. Growth and Expansion - (Global Leaders area focusing on developing their businesses to capture more customers, expand into more markets, and increase market share to become more profitable)
4. Innovation - (Global Leaders are moving to discover new ways of thinking about products, customers, services etc, and every system that affects their organizations)
5. Pricing Sensitivity - (Global Leaders are looking at their pricing models as it is even more important nowadays, to assess this in their target markets accurately, because missing it even by a small margin, can have enormous consequences on their bottom line)
6. Culture Change - (Global Leaders are focusing on how to change the basic values, beliefs, processes etc among their people to improve the performance of their organizations)
7. Skills Shortage - (Global Leaders are concerned about the skills gap in their organizations to get the right job done in these changing environments; this severely affects competitive advantage and has a damaging effect on the bottom line)
8. Changing Technology - (Global Leaders are working smarter to keep pace with the tools that can make serving their customers easier, faster & better)
9. Government Regulations - (Global Leaders are moving to keep pace with the changing requirements of governmental bodies within both local and international marketplaces)
10. Global Challenges - (Global Leaders are focusing on the changes that are affecting most markets which are creating both fresh opportunities and problems to surface)
11. Ethics and Social Responsibility - (Global Leaders are re-defining the way business is done and choosing to not only do things right, but do the right things)
12. Environmental - Green Adherence - (Global Leaders realize that it's everybody's job to protect the natural resources of the planet so that the next generations may also enjoy them it's about more than the money!)
What all of this means to you?
As a leader, if you want to gain a competitive advantage in today's marketplace, you can not afford to use the out-dated leadership development process which only focuses on developing just your business skills.
Today, more and more leaders understand the need to develop their personal effectiveness skills, broaden their leadership perspectives by studying contemporary and classical leadership styles, and developing a global business perspective.
Doing this, allows these leaders to gain a competitive advantage over one-dimensional leaders.