There's no denying the fact that BidsTick.com is a great resource for bargain deals on the hottest gadgets and electronics, luxury goods, as well as other high-end items. While penny bid auctions involve luck, a lot of it for that matter, it still takes some degree of skill to win, and bidding on BidsTick.com is no different. Here are some tips on how you can increase your chances of winning a MacBook Pro, an HDTV, or some other fancy item.
1. Get your feet wet! The best way for you to know how to win on BidsTick.com is to try out the auctions and see how things work firsthand. Fortunately for you, BidsTick gives away free bids to newly subscribed members, allowing you to play for free.
2. Of course, that's not to say that you shouldn't be careful. It's always a good idea to observe bidders on the site and take a few notes here and there. Coming up with a "battle plan" is especially useful when it comes to bidding against power bidders.
3. Keep an eye on free bids. BidsTick.com gives away free bids when you purchase larger bid packs. So if you're thinking of doing some heavy bidding, buy bids in bulk. The free bids you get from your purchases will definitely increase your chances of winning. The site also auctions off bid packs, so try to bid on them when you can.
4. Don't be trigger happy and never buy bids beyond the amount you're willing to lose. Many bidders out there think that the more times you bid, the higher your chances of winning. Nothing could be farther than the truth. To be a successful bidder on BidsTick.com, you'll have to play carefully and have the mindset: "You'll have to lose some to win some."
5. Don't bid immediately after someone outbids you. Let the other bidders have their fun first and bid only when they leave and when the timer is about to run out. Patience is the key to this game and half of the time, you'll be bored waiting for your turn to make a move.
6. Bid on the items of lower-value first. If you're a newbie to BidsTick.com, or to penny auctions in general, then gun for the small-ticket items. This way, you're less likely to run into power bidders who will simply outgun you with the insane number of bids under their belts.
7. Pick an item and stick with it. Believe it or not, some bidders will respectfully bow out in the final seconds of an auction, especially if they see that you've bidding on it for a very long stretch of time. Think of it as an unspoken rule or something. More importantly, sticking to an item will also frustrate other bidders, allowing you to take the lead and finish strongly in the end.
8. Don't forget to keep your address and contact information up to date. BidsTick.com only gives you 30 minutes to pay for your won item, so have everything sorted out beforehand.