Email marketing accounts for a large percentage of the sales made by online marketers mostly by an outsourcing company.
This does not mean it’s easy to make money with email marketing, as there are some skills you need to learn. With the ongoing amount of competition, organizations must demonstrate and offer extremely good customer service which gives great value and excellent targeted messages and communications.
Email Marketing is fast, cheap, and easy and enables you to get services and products to your clients and customers and that is why email marketing is one of the most powerful mediums available today, because most people these days spend more time reading their emails. However 55% of the emails are deleted immediately without even being read when they are poorly presented and are not worth the effort. So here are some basic things you need to know for effective email marketing.
• Acquiring email addresses (or what they called leads)
You must collect the name (preferably first name – surname is not really required) and email address of a large proportion of your visitors – the reason why I have not mentioned their address or postcode is because most people can’t be bothered to fill all of this information in and you can get this later if you need to, to do this you will need to set up a lead capture system.
• Double Opt-In: A customer must be given two chances to verify their subscription to your mailing list. A double-opt in usually works in the following method. The customer gives his email address on your website. He then has to click on a verification link sent in the first email by your company. This is an excellent email marketing tip or tactic.
• Unsubscribe Option: All customers to an email marketing list must be given a choice to unsubscribe at a future point in time. This unsubscribe choice is usually given at the bottom of every email sent by the company.
• Format: Your emails must be sent in both HTML and plain text format. This email marketing tips and tactic allows a greater number of people to read your emails.
• Regularity: The trick to email marketing is getting the timing right. Keep in mind to send email newsletters frequently it can be once a month on a predetermined date, or once every two weeks is an excellent option. Sending too many mails might irritate the subscriber who then just might unsubscribe. So once you get the timing of your emails right, you stay in the subscriber’s memory and will be able to sell your ideas and products frequently. Following the above email marketing guidelines and tactics will improve your product value while adding to your business insight. No one wants his business newsletter to be cluttered as spam. Customer reliability has to be won and retained.
If you are running an outsourcing business it is good to know this basic thing about email marketing so you can help generating sales on your own just by emailing. However, hiring an internet marketer virtual assistant can help you a lot since they are not just knowledgeable in email marketing but also in page rank generation or SEO.