You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to find easy meditation techniques. There are an abundance of resources out there, all of them free. The meditation benefits that people are getting are making meditation more and more popular every day. Some companies are even setting aside time for their employees to meditate, in order to be more relaxed and productive at work.
There are many easy meditation techniques that offer phenomenal benefits to those who use them. Some of these include:
These are just a few of the many different meditation benefits.
- Less stress. For those people who have high stress levels, meditation is an excellent way to relax and let go of these tensions.
- Improved health. There are many different mental illnesses that can be benefited by meditation; depression, anxiety, and even certain levels of bipolar disorder can be alleviated by meditation, especially for people who are realizing that antidepressants don't work.
- Stimulates healing. Meditation can and is being used as a natural alternative to healing the body of a number of other diseases. By focusing these techniques on certain areas of the body, it allows the body's own healing power to kick in and work effectively.
When starting a meditation regimen, there are some basic things you need to know. First, you must allot the time to do so. This can be any time of day, but it is most effective first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Just 5 minutes twice a day will get you started and you will begin to realize the benefits very quickly. Eventually, you can work up to 15 minutes twice a day. Try to find a place where there are no distractions. No loud noises. Turn off the phone. Settle the children and tell your spouse you need some alone time. You also need the right setting; A quiet room, with the lights low, relaxing sounds or music and a comfortable chair. When all this is in place you can apply easy meditation techniques with little effort.
The first step to applying easy meditation techniques is to learn deep breathing exercises. These exercises are essential in order to get the full benefits of meditation. Among other things they:
Here is a simple deep breathing exercise: Sit quietly and close your eyes. Focus your energy and attention on your breath. Take in a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds, then release. Breath normally for a minute, then repeat. Do this 3-5 times. You should feel more relaxed and focused.
- Help get more oxygen to the blood stream, allowing the heart to work less so it slows down.
- Allow you time to relax and get in the right state of mind for meditation.
- Allow meditation to work more efficiently for you.
Deep breathing is an important part of the meditation routine. Practice will help you even if you don't have time to meditate. For example: When you are in a stressful situation, taking a minute to do these exercises can automatically put you in a meditative state of mind, helping you alleviate the stress. You can use this effectively no matter where you are.
Page 1 of 2 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 | Next