If the stress and monotonous routine of your workaday life is getting the best of you, maybe it’s time for a weekend getaway vacation to relax and recharge your batteries. If this sounds like something that interests you, you’re definitely going to want to read on, because in this article we discuss several weekend getaway vacation ideas that will help you do just that.
Weekend Getaway Vacation Ideas: What Are You in the Mood For?
In order to plan the perfect weekend getaway vacation you’ll first need to decide what it is you’re in the mood for. Below are some great weekend getaway vacation ideas for every mood under the sun—ideas to help get you thinking in the right direction:
Are you in the mood for peace, quiet and serenity? How about these fantastic weekend getaway vacations:
* Mountain retreat. Rent a cabin or book a room in a mountain lodge. Spend some time hiking, fishing or just curled up in your favorite chair with a great a book. Mountain retreats offer the peace and quiet you’re looking, allowing you to get away and unwind from the hustle and bustle of your daily life.
* Head to the Beach. Beach weekend getaway vacations are another great way to relax and retool for the week ahead.
Are you looking for art and culture? Try these hot weekend getaway vacations:
* New York City. New York City remains the ultimate American hub for art and culture. Spend your weekend getaway vacation visiting museums, galleries and any number of cultural centers and landmarks. And at night indulge in world-class restaurants and top it off with a hit Broadway show. Whatever you want to do, you can bet you’ll find it in New York City
* San Francisco. Often called the New York City of the West, San Francisco offers a unique blend of charm and sophistication. Take the trolley car and go sightseeing through the windy hills of San Francisco, marveling at the Victorian architecture and world famous landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge.
How about fun and adventure?
* San Diego. San Diego, California offers a great weekend getaway for both the young and the young at heart. Whether you’re into golf, water sports, amusement parks or something else altogether, you’ll definitely find what you’re looking for in San Diego.
* Las Vegas. Las Vegas is now, and will always be, the ultimate adult playground and a perfect weekend getaway vacation spot. With hundreds of world class restaurants, shows and non-stop casino action, Las Vegas is a great place for cutting loose and letting go.
Of course these are just a few of the thousands of possible ideas for your weekend getaway vacation, but hopefully this will help you out as you begin making your plans. Just remember, whatever you’re in the mood for, there’s someplace in this great country that is just dying for you to visit.