Computer theft is more than an inconvenience; let alone the cost you paid for the computer, you have configured the system to suit your requirements and the way you like it, you also have important souvenirs stored on the hard drive, so theft of the laptop can be hard on nerves.
To safeguard the laptop computers from theft can be quite a challenge; these are expensive stuff bundled into a portable system and so can disappear if you should not be alert or protect it otherwise.
In places like schools or universities there is problem from vandals besides computer thieves. While there are detention rules for vandals, it is still not deterring the rule breakers who’d go on a spree of destructing computers, drives, printers, and other equipment in the school districts. US alone invests several thousands of dollars every year for computer and laptop vandals at schools and universities.
However, instead of investing on the repair, why not invest in the prevention?
Protective software programs secure proprietary information and data. But it is a physical computer lock that can physically secure a laptop or computer from physically being lifted. Portable computer locks and secured laptop carts could well be good computer security solution for schools.
The computer locks and laptop carts these days are available from many makers and let you attach the computer/s to immovable or fixed objects in the labs or anywhere - so they can be secured in place.
Computer locks are many types:
And, should a school be equipped with the laptop carts they can 100% prevent laptop thefts besides damage to the computer labs.
- Laptop Locks
- Cable Locks
- Notebook locks
- Monitor locks
- Custom locks (for Apple iMacs, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Compaq brand laptops, etc)
Whether it is computer locks or laptop carts, your due diligence is needed. Always check if the company provides good post sales support or not and if they give replacement warranty on the products. Besides, learn if the company offers special price for big and repeat orders.
- The laptop carts for computer labs can be chosen depending on some considerations.
- Material of the laptop carts: Steel is considered to be the best as well as 100% vandal-proof material.
- The size of the laptop carts vary depending on number of laptops you may want to secure. Besides, the dimensions of carts depend on that of laptops too.
- The carts with recharge facility serve double purpose.
- Additionally, wheeled laptop carts are quite handy for portable class rooms and for easy moving.