Unless you are absolutely perfect, you might have a few flaw areas that you'd like to conceal when you are selecting your prom dress. Perhaps your arms are thick, your have wide shoulders, or you think that your chest is too small. No matter what you think your flaw may be, the right dress can still make you look beautiful on prom night. Here are some great suggestions to use as you pick a dress that will mask your flaws.
1. Your Neck. Perhaps you have a short neck which is very thick or you have a thin and long neck. In any case, you ought to make it look a bit different. If your neck is thick and short, then you'll should make it look slimmer and longer. What you need is any deep neckline, such as a sweet heart or a v-neck. Wearing your hair up can help and you should never use shoulder pads or wear choker necklaces. If your neck is thin and long, you'll want to flatter it. Almost any neckline is fine, and wearing an excellent scarf or a choker can really balance out your look.
2. Your Shoulders. More than likely your shoulders may be wide or they're a bit on the thin side. If you have wider shoulders, you can make them narrower with the right dress. Avoid any shoulder pads and go with tops that are open, such as strapless dresses or halter top dresses. If you have narrow shoulders and you want to make them look a bit bigger, the best choice is to find a dress that has some shoulder pads.
3. Your Chest. You probably feel that your chest is either too large or that they're too small. If you think they are too big, you should support and shape them with the dress. Avoid a top which is too tight and you may want to avoid strapless dresses. If your chest is small, you may make the chest look fuller with tops that fit tight, or you can use special bras with padding to improve your shape under the dress.
4. Your Waist. Perhaps you have a long waist, a thick waist, or a short waist. If the waist is long and you have shorter legs, then you need to make your waist look a bit shorter. An empire dress is an excellent option and you want to stay away from any extra trim on the bottom end of the dress. If you have a waste which is thick, you need to make it look slimmer. Go with a waistline that is fitted and a bust which is fitted too. An empire waist can disguise a thick waist too. For a short waist, you wish to lengthen the waist. This can be done by wearing drop waist dresses, dresses which have slits to show the legs, or any dress that is fairly tight.
5. Your Rear. There are many girls that are a bit conscientious about their rears. Maybe it's too big or too small. If you want to make it look smaller, go with a-line styles, a dress with an empire waist, and ensure that you go with fabrics which are soft as well. For a smaller rear, you need to make it look a bit bigger. An a-line style can help and a dress that is tight at the waist with a flair can increase how big your rear looks.
6. Your Legs. Obviously, you'd like the dress to flatter your legs as well. You could have thicker legs or thinner legs. For women that have legs that are thick, you want to make them look longer and leaner. Most skirts will look okay, but you wish to avoid slits which are too long. Any slits ought to be lower than your knee. If your legs look thin and you should make them look more shapely, go with a long sheath, a straight a-line or even a dress which has a trumpet skirt.