I want to spend some time reviewing all the things Iíve learned about building prospect lists, improving niche websites and ramping up affiliate sales. If you haven't already implemented each of these suggestions, keep this list nearby to remind you.
Here are the highlights of my suggestions for building a successful affiliate business:
1. Create Niche Websites for Affiliate Products: Keep clear boundaries between your affiliate product lines and avoid "offer overload" by creating niche websites for related affiliate products. Make sure they're crisply written and optimized for search engines to attract the most traffic.
2. Make Sure Websites are "Google-Friendly": To make it even easier for web surfers to find your niche sites, use accurate page titles and relevant content. Select keywords carefully, but avoid stuffing your pages with them! If you'll do those things, as well as keeping your content original and checking often for dead links, your page ranking is sure to climb.
3. Learn How to Use Banners Effectively: If you haven't taken advantage of the banners I offer my affiliates, be sure to add one to your websites. It's a simple process, and banners can be great for funneling traffic to product pages. Test placement of your banners, and avoid the temptation to be a "banner addict"!
4. Use Articles to Increase Traffic: Have you started submitting articles related to your affiliate topics yet? Remember, to gain the most traffic from articles, keep it REAL: write Relevant content, offer Expert advice, follow Article site guidelines, and insert allowable Links into your author bio.
5. Create Effective Squeeze Pages: Adding a simple form offering a free download to your landing page helps build your list as well as your sales. Providing information of value to your site visitors (such as the ebook I allow my affiliates to distribute!) builds trust, and earns you the right to send them offers in the future.
6. Offer My "Get All the Money" Ebook to Your List: Not only do I allow you to offer my "How to Get All the Money You Need to Buy Property" ebook to your list; I've created a way to "brand" it with your own affiliate link! This is one of the easiest ways to gain the trust of prospective buyers, so why not take advantage of it today?
7. Build Your List and Strengthen Prospect Relationships: Take time to incorporate at least one of the tips from the list building or relationship building sections. Whether you're writing articles, starting a blog or taking care not to overload your list with offers, you're working toward increasing your sales. Isn't that a great way to spend your time?
8. Keep Building Credibility with Your Prospects: I hope you've taken steps to add a personal touch to your websites. Keep offering great products, follow up on problems, know your products, and deliver on your promises. That's the surest route to reach across the Internet and become "real" to prospective clients.
9. Add Audio or Video to Your Websites: While we're on the topic of being "real" to our site visitors, here's a reminder to try adding audio or video to your website. With easily available tools, they're both within reach of any entrepreneur.
10. Build Your Success Through Networking: How did you become successful offline? Use those same tactics to build your network of referrals and related products. Increase your influence online through social networks, business networking sites and offline business organizations.
11. Tweak Webpage Content to Increase Sales: Continually test and improve the content, appearance and component placement on your niche websites. It's going to be time well spent!
Take advantage of these tips, and the tools I offer my affiliates, to help achieve even more success.
E. Alan Cowgill