*Sweet Shepherds Pie* Makes 4-6 servings
1lb lean ground beef
6 Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 can of creamed corn 1 cup each corn nibblets, and frozen peas
1 cup shredded cheese (marble, cheddar, any kind you like)
2 tbsp of butter or margarine 1/2 cup of milk 1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt
1)Preheat oven to 400F
2)Cook ground beef according to above direction
3)In a medium pot, boil potatoes until soft.(As you would for mashed potatoes)
4)Mash potatoes, add milk, margarine, celery salt & pepper
5)Combine all corn and peas together in a bowl.
6)In a 9-12inch casserole dish(can be round or square)Place cooked beef, in the bottom of the pan.
7)Cover with veggie mixture, add potatoes, and top with cheese! 8)Place in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubbles, and potatoes are golden brown.
Spaghetti Sauce that doubles as Chilly Makes 8-10
1lb Lean ground beef
1 Medium size Onion
3-4 cloves of Garlic chopped fine
2 jars of your favorite Tomtatoe pasta sauce
10-12 Med size mushrooms, washed and sliced thin or into chunks
4 Sticks of Celery washed and chopped
1 tbsp White sugar
1/2 tsp of pepper, oregano, parsley, italian seasoning spice, and any other spice you enjoy
1)Precook ground beef
2) Combine Sauce, spices, onions, garlic, celery, and mushrooms in a large pot
3) Cover and cook on med heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
4) Reduce heat to low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine. (longer if you like, some like to let their pasta sauces to slowly cook all day)
5) Turn your left over sauce into chilly in a snap!
6) Add 1 can each Red & White Kidney beans, and 1/4 cup chilly powder.
7) Reheat your sauce slowly on med low heat for 15 minutes. You are done!
Perfect precooked ground beef to add to any of your recipes!(Spaghetti sauce, Chilly, Shepherds pie, Hamburger soup, Spanish rice, almost anything)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tsp olive oil 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed)
1 med onion (finely chopped) 1/2 pkg onion soup mix
1 tsp or cube beef oxo/broth A pinch of Celery salt
1)Combine oil, garlic, onions in pan on med heat for 2 minutes, add ground beef. Cook till brown, drain grease. (NOT IN THE SINK PLEASE)
2)Add spices,oxo, 2 tbsp water, stir cover and cook over med-low heat for 5 minutes. Now you have the perfect ground beef for whatever you might have in mind for dinner :)