Blogs have become hugely popular. From Hollywood stars to corporations, everyone has one. Though, everybody is aware of the power of blogs, not everyone knows how to best use blogs to work to their advantage. Here are some tips on how to make blogs more effective.
1. Posts Regularly: Many blogs are created on a personal whim and without adequate thought. After a couple of initial posts, the blogs are forgotten and rarely updated. This signals laziness and disinterest in blogs to the visitors. This can be quite damning for a corporate blog. Make sure that you blog regularly. Not only will visitors benefit from this but you will also get Search Engine Optimization Benefit of updating blog regularly.
2. Make Posts Web Friendly: Reading online is quite different from reading a book. Attention span is less and readers do not "deep read". Make your copy easy to read. Your posts should be concise with short sentences and minimal punctuations. Any call to action buttons should be placed at the top since the probability of readers reaching the end of article is very less in a webpage.
3. Guest Posts: Internet is not an island. The more connections you make the better it is for you. One way is by writing for industry specific blogs. Guest posts on those blogs will get you inbound links back to your blog. This will be huge SEO benefit. Other than that you will find a good number of visitors coming your way from this guest posts. Another benefit is that guest posts will get you more recognition in your industry and establish you as some sort of an authority.
4. Answer Comments on your Blog: Blogs are meant to be interactive. Just posting is not the end of the work. Read and reply reader's comments. Share your blogs on twitter and other social networking sites. This will make your blog posts more widely read.
5. Link to other Sites: Many bloggers are scared of linking to other blogs. They think that people might follow those links and leave their blog. Search engine bots may follow outbound links, abandoning your site.
By linking to other relevant blogs, there is much greater probability of other bloggers also linking to you.
1. Make Loyal Visitors: Repeat and loyal visitors are bedrock of any successful blog. Encourage your visitors to sign for free newsletters or subscribe to your blog.
2. Make your Blog easy to access: Make your blog easily accessible on your main business site. Mention it in all of your marketing literature, newsletters and promotions. Also, promote it through SEO just like you do for your websites.
3. Create Enticing Titles: In this age of short attention span, the most enticing and attention grabbing headline will get most readers.
Author: Donna Nocero