For those of you yearning to spend time camping outdoors, camping tents are a must have and a worthwhile investment. Camping gives you the wonderful opportunity to be with nature and soak in all its grandeur. Those who regularly camp usually invest in superior quality camping tents. Buying tents is a challenge if you do not know what to look for when you buy camping tents. Tents are the place you are going to rest in to protect yourself from animals and harsh weather conditions; so it is extremely important to choose one with care.
When you buy camping tents, you must first check out where you are going to camp and what the weather conditions are likely to be. Tents have been made to suit diverse climatic types and for diverse activities too like fishing or biking or hiking. The multitude of tent supplies and the varieties of tents available in the market make it difficult for the buyer to make his choice easily. Camping tents can be ridge tents with ridges on both sides sloping towards the ground - these are easiest to set up and can accommodate as many as three individuals. The larger types are the frame tents built with crisscross poles with a vinyl covering for the top secured by pegs and ropes. The third type is the dome shaped tents, the tops of which resemble a dome that ensures good water drainage. These are low tents, lightweight and simple to erect.
Things To Consider When You Buy Camping Tents:
* Size of the tent matters because when you buy camping tents you must first find out how many sleeping bags it can hold. When you have four people camping then you need to get a tent which is good for six people to accommodate all the baggage.
* The time when you want to go camping and the weather conditions make a huge difference, unless you are planning a camping trip at a very cold location you can invest in a three season tent.
* Tents must have adequate ventilation to avoid the feeling extreme discomfort during the warm weather.
* Ensure that seams of the tents are double-stitched and folded with seam sealers that are easily available in stores selling tent supplies. The tent should have a rain fly that allows water to flow down the tent sides. Good waterproofing capabilities are what you must look for even if that means spending a few extra bucks.
* Heavy duty zippers are a must because these are going to be regularly used.
* One-piece tub floor made of waterproof material and without any seams so that water does not leak in your camping tents.
* Buy camping tents which are relatively simple to erect especially if you are a first-time camper. The tent you buy should ideally not take you hours to set up or dismantle.
* When camping with kids, buying a second tent makes sense - this will give them a place to play in and can be used doubly to store children's toys, food and other clothing.
* Ensure that your tent supplies are of good and long lasting quality, preferably with aluminum or fiberglass poles.
* Camping tents that can be stored in a compact manner are easier to travel with and more convenient to store in your garage.
* Decide on a budget that suits you before you buy camping tents.
So when you are thinking of buying camping tents for family holidays look for reputed manufacturers and visit specialist manufacturers of tent supplies to view their items on display.