Even if dental hygiene habits have improved during the last decades, the incidence of sensitive teeth is still a major problem, especially due to contemporary bad eating habits and stress. However, there are solutions you should consider to prevent, fight against or treat sensitive teeth. Hereís a list with the most effective methods:
1. Keep your mouth cavity clean and maintain a good PH balance. This implies: using moderately whitening agents, avoiding sweet meals if you canít rinse your mouth, avoiding brushing too often, and restraining from too many snack acidic foods.
2. Reduce stress. Stress is a major factor in periodontal diseases, which, more often than not, lead to sensitive teeth.
3. Consider aesthetic dental procedures if your dental condition allows it. You may experience sensitive teeth after restorative procedures, dental veneers, or in-office cleaning, so discuss the pros and cons with your dentist before taking any action.
4. Treat chipped teeth fast. Fractured enamel and exposed dentin is painful so the sooner you solve them the better.
5. If you experience grinding, wear night guards to protect your teeth from damage.
Sensitive teeth often suggest a medical problem that you should take care of before itís too late. Talk to your dentist for further details.