Writing for rack cards may sound simple, but you should not take it lightly. Especially if you are a beginner, every word, punctuation and formatting style will be crucial in effectively communicating that promotional message. For you beginners out there, let me teach you some basic writing and formatting tips that will make your content for rack cards effective, powerful and of course convincing.
1. Be as short as possible with the most details possible – This is the first general rule that you should adopt when you are writing for rack cards. You must write your titles, taglines etc. in the shortest possible way with the most details as possible. I know this can be a hard thing to do at the start but this is important. Since rack cards have limited space and readers have limited attention, your writing style must be adapted this way. Believe me, you’ll have more readers and better responses if you adapt this style.
2. Never forget to write FOR the reader – Another guiding principle that you should never forget is to always write FOR THE READERS of your rack cards. Many marketing writers always think about the product or the service that they are trying to promote without actually caring for the welfare of their readers.
Readers actually need some kind of value gained from rack cards if they will be convinced to read and ultimately respond to them. So always provide some kind of learning, lesson, secret knowledge or at least value entertainment in your color rack cards. As long as the reader gains something good for themselves, they will appreciate your color rack cards for the better.
3. Use power words carefully – Also, remember to always use power words carefully. Power words are those eye-catching words that people always pay attention to. LOVE and MONEY are just a few examples of this. These words can ring a lot of bells for people and if you use them wisely on select key areas, they will pay attention to those spots. Be careful of course and do not overuse them. Just consider them as tools to flag your most important rack card areas. Done correctly, you should easily guide your readers in the right spots of your rack cards.
4. Chunk different concepts together – Nobody likes reading a blog or a block of text and graphic content. It is intimidating to read and understand. That is why for your rack cards, always try to chunk different concepts together.
Group your heading, and the different sections in their own layout areas so that people can easily identify them. This also helps make these content areas more memorable since people can more easily process chunks of information rather than a big block of it. So do these groupings and you will make your color rack cards more readable.
5. Compose an easy slogan to remember – Finally, try to compose an easy slogan to remember. This is an essential part of your marketing rack cards since this will help your prints transcend the initial marketing environment and have a long term effect on readers. So make sure that you compose something really catchy. Rhymes are good with slogans although not mandatory. As long as it is something original and creative you should be fine.
Great! That should help all you beginners out there with the content of your full color rack cards. Just remember to integrate all these elements well into one rack card and you’ll have amazing rack card content that works well. Good luck!