It is reasonable in the present situation to invest in those markets which have:
1) High level of unemployment and a corresponding high percentage of foreclosure providing larger amounts of proposals at lower rates.
2) Maximum drop of prices prices occurred percentage wise.
3) Relatively cheap (even in comparison with the other problem regions) housing affordable for the majority of population, even to those people affected by the economic crisis, and which is attractive to investors from the US and other countries, those whose purchase power either does not depend on the current crisis or are essentially active immediately after the crisis.
4) State or Region or City has a special combination of factors possible to attract different categories of clients, which fact has also been proved with the significant growth of population in the years prior to the crisis.
5) There is a possibility of buying the housing at auctions at a price even lower than the market one, and fast re-selling in order to reduce or minimize the risk of drop of prices in case of possible release to the market by the banks of big amount of housing.
Proceeding from the above mentioned prerequisite, during the year 2009 and the 3 quarters of 2010 the 3 of the 4 states most damaged by the crisis, California, Nevada and Florida, were analyzed.
As a result of the study and analysis, the housing market of the cities Cape Coral and Fort Myers, Lee county, Florida, in the U.S.A were chosen.
Having analyzed a number of parameters (unemployment rate, amount of foreclosures, level of prices, etc.), the Maks Realty experts came up with the following conclusion:
California is the most attractive state for the investors and purchasers, yet the most expensive state in the USA.
Nevada has higher level of foreclosures, but is far less attractive to purchasers.
State of Florida - is the next to California attractive state, but the prices are more reasonable.
Lee county (in the state of Florida ) - is the second to Miami-dade attractive place, but the prices are more reasonable, too.
The city of Cape coral is the most attractive in the Lee region, where 5 of 6 city regions are among the 10 most attractive places (taking into account that there are totally 179 districts in the region),
and the prices are among the most reasonable in the region, in the state and in the U.S.A.