Why do some men retain excess fat in the pectoral region? There are a few main reasons for this - Genetics may play a small role here, the rest is dietary and hormonal imbalances.
What is happening to our bodies? Basically you have too much aromatase (an enzyme in the body that converts testosterone into oestrogen) in your body. So it kind of makes sense to reduce this enzymes production, resulting in probable fat reduction of the pectoral region.
Why is this happening? What are the main causes of excess aromatase? Below are a few reasons why now some men go shopping in the bra department:
Getting rid of the moobs How do we get from a C-cup to an A-cup (or less)? You will need to first look at your diet. Below are some suggestions:
- Excess insulin
- Excess alcohol consumption - particularly beer
- Zinc deficiency
- Our water supply
- Hormones in animal proteins
- Medications such as oral contraceptives
- Plastics when exposed to heat, such as microwaving food containers
The next thing you need to do is to increase your testosterone levels...the legal way! This means hitting the weights 3 or 4 times a week using a personal trainer or by yourself.
- Eat at least 4 servings of steamed cruciferous vegetables a day. This would include watercress, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, kale, turnip, collards, cabbage, and radish to name a few.
- If you're a drinker, switch to red wine. Red wine contains resveratrol, which acts as an Aromatase inhibitor. A glass of red with dinner may actually help reduce the circumference of your chest area. Also, if you are a beer drinker I promise you will find it very difficult to get out of your man-bra until you cut back, or cut it out.
- Green tea - Green tea is loaded with antioxidants which have anti-carcinogenic effects. They also help with the detoxification of oestrogens.
- Supplementation - Supplementing your diet with either DIM, Curcumin or Grape seed extract has been shown to reduce the pectoral fat in males!
- Fibre - Adding up to 30 grams of fibre from varied sources will help "pull" out foreign oestrogens from the body.
- Eat organic nuts and wild meat whenever possible. This is a great way to naturally boost your testosterone levels. However, as it is quite difficult to do this nowadays, it is recommended to supplement your diet with Zinc.
Last but certainly not least, I highly recommend getting a BioSignature assessment done. This is particularly effective for targeted fat loss.
Conclusion Man boobs are a health problem and not an attractive site. The fact of the matter is most men out there are suffering and do not know what to do about it. Follow the simple steps above, or get your BioSignature done and you will be well on your way to ditching your man-bra!