Uncontrolled Algae growth is a common nuisance, in water features and ponds, and it’s not welcome anywhere it appears. Few methods of treatment are as effective and safe as GreenCleanPRO. This algaecide comes in a granular form that is used to treat plank-tonic and filamentous algae on contact. Algae treated with this product will begin to show signs of damage in as little as one minute and will die within hours. But despite its potency this product is safe enough to use in for, gardens, fountains, ornamental waterfalls, as well as ponds and lakes with sensitive fish (i.e. Kio.)
GreenCleanPRO is one of a few non-copper based algaecides currently on the market. This product is a broad-spectrum algaecide that is absorbed through contact. This algaecide is designed to be used in lakes, ponds, and other large bodies of water. But it can also be used to remove algae from non-painted surfaces such as benches, docks, and walkways as well.
The active ingredient in this algaecide is Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate. More commonly know as percarbonate. Percarbonate works as a powerful algaecide yet it poses no know environmental threat. Percarbonate works through a powerful oxidation reaction. The per-oxygen chemistry in this product reacts with natural elements of surface waters, creating hydroxyl free radicals. Hydroxyl free radicals are oxidizers that destroy cell membranes of algae, chlorophyll and unsaturated fatty acids, thereby providing almost immediate control of algae.
Main Benefits of using GreenCleanPRO:
• Initial results are visible in as little as one minute after application.
• This product is completely biodegradable and has no long lasting effects on the water it was used in.
• No Restrictions Waters can be used without interruption after treatment.
• No Resistance Oxidizes algae on contact, no time for tolerance build up to occur.
• Releases Oxygen there by adding bio-available Oxygen – effects last for several hours.
When it is used at the recommended levels, GreenCleanPRO does not harm fish (including trout & koi), plants, or other aquatic life. In fact studies have shown that when applied at nearly twice the maximum recommended levels this product caused no harm to fish. (It took almost three times the recommended amount to case any harm to fish.)
When using this product make sure that you were safety goggles; because of how this chemical works it can do great damage to your eyes. Additionally make sure to follow the directions for application and safety with this and all chemicals.