Family and friends – enjoy ski holidays in France
The French Alps offer some of the best ski slopes and give you many other options including snowboarding, toboganning and ski touring. The sheer variety of ski resorts in France suit anyone looking for the perfect family holiday.
Planning the Ideal Family Ski Holiday in France
Your family skiing holiday in France is a big investment in your time and money and you want the experience to match your expectations. What should you look for in the ideal holiday rental accomodation in the French Alps?
• What kind of people are going to be holidaying nearby? The key to a memorable family holiday is to be with other families.
• How close is the accommodation to the ski area? Is it walking distance to the slopes, shops, restaurants?
• Does this area offer something for everyone? Gentle runs and nursery slopes are a must for children (and adults!) learning how to ski.
• Does it offer services such as a crèche, Internet, fireplace, sauna, washing machine and dishwasher? Childcare and amenities enable parents to relax knowing their children are safe and having a great time.
• Is the service family oriented? You should be able to stay with your friends or family in a chalet where someone cooks your evening meal, provides breakfast and cleans the chalet while you are on the slopes.
Search, compare and book online from our huge directory of Alpine chalets and holiday homes in nearly all the ski destinations in the French Alps.
The Best Locations for you to Ski in the Alps
Cauterets, Puy St. Vincent, La Tania, Meribel, Les Contamines, Morzine, Les Deux Alpes, Tignes, Les Gets, Val d'Allos, Les Saisies and Valmeinier are some of the better known family destinations for a trip to ski in the Alps. Consider these:
• Mont Blanc, the highest mountain of the French Alps has numerous resorts surrounding it.
• Located between Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, Les Portes Du Soleil has over 200 lifts and a reported 650 kilometres of pistes.
• Beginners and families seeking shopping and restaurants may consider Morzine or Chatel as the ideal towns for holidays for families. The smaller slopes in this area make it popular with beginner skiers and snowboarders.
• Some travellers consider the best skiing to be around Avoriaz. Cars are not allowed in Avoriaz, contributing to the ambience and safety. Horse-drawn carriages transport visitors between resorts, making this charming town an ideal holiday for the entire family.
RentAlps can help you find the ideal family ski holiday accomodation, whether catered chalets, self-service apartments and holiday home rentals in all the leading French ski resorts. When you ski in the Alps you enjoy an experience of a lifetime.