Getting the right person for your remodeling needs starts with knowing the right questions for a painting contractor in Pleasant Hill. Experience can help make a simple project a snap and a difficult project surprisingly simple. The staff at Custom Painting, Inc. and other professional painting companies can help you know what to ask to ensure that your project goes as planned.
Top Questions for a Painting Contractor in Pleasant Hill
1. What will be expected of me? You need to know how much of the work will be required from you. Doing some of the work on your own (like clean up) can make the price lower, but it will also take time and energy away from other things that you need to do.
2. How long will the project take? Painting can be an intrusive experience for you or for your business. You want to know exactly how long the project will take - from the very start to the very end.
3. What hours will you work? It might help with a business situation if the contractor works around your hours of operation. Some projects will require that the space be unoccupied, but others can work around an existing business.
4. What will be the exact process for the project? Darker paint will require more applications. It also needs to be lightly sanded between each coat. Filling in all cracks and holes with putty or caulk makes for a smoother finish in the end and requires additional sanding. All of the steps need to be spelled out in the quote.
5. What kind of paint will be used for the project? All paints are not created equal. It is important to know exactly what brand will be used so that you can compare quotes from different contractors on an equal basis.
6. Do you have a license, insurance and other required permits? More than one homeowner has been hurt because the person hired to do a project was not licensed. Homeowners have also been stuck with having to pay for any repairs or clean up because the painter caused an issue but had no insurance to pay to make things right. Protect yourself and your project by finding out in writing if the painting contractor has all of the right coverage to get them through the project and cover any problems that might come up.
A painting project can help improve the look of your property. Finding the best person or company for the job begins with knowing what questions for a painting contractor in Pleasant Hill.