How can you become a new you? There are many roads you can take for this journey, letís explore several ways:
1. A new spiritual beginning. You can commit yourself to a new religion, or delve into meditation, or begin reading spiritual texts everyday. A new spiritual beginning can help you find your life purpose, which always makes it easier to get out of bed in the morning.
2. A new cultural experience. Be inspired by Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Travel to different countries. See how other people live, learn new habits, rituals, and ways of living. You will never look at your life the same way again. You may even come back with some new tastes, new recipes, or new ways to consume alcohol.
3. Get a makeover. If you look differently, you act differently, and thus people treat you differently. It can also help you with your confidence and self esteem.
4. A new career. It may be easier said then done depending on the condition of the economy. We spend over 40 hours a week working. What you do can be very much wrapped up in who you are, so a new job = a new you.
5. A new relationship. Both scary and exciting. Every new relationship is a chance to learn something about you. It can be learning that you canít stand this person or it can be "I never knew I could love this deeply. " Either way you learned something and you can have great stories to tell at dinner parties.
6. A new city. You may not need to leave at the country for a cultural experience. Just look at the cultural differences between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Move to a new area and enjoy learning about your city and its people. Luxuriate in the new tempo and temperature of the town.
7. All of the above. This is only for the extremely brave or clinically insane, but it will undoubtedly create a completely unrecognizable new you. Hopefully it will be a wiser, more well traveled, more beautiful, and happier you after the chaos has subsided.
A new you will require some change. However, if you are looking for a new you, you are starving for change. We all know that change always come, but it only has two approaches: proactive and reactive. Hereís to the quickly approaching and highly proactive new you.