New parents can easily get overwhelmed with all the baby products and gadgets out on the market that making decisions on what baby necessities are needed is almost impossible. Parents are always concerned about products that are safe, affordable and stimulating for their little one. Not only can I recommend a must-have product that meets those needs but also creates a lasting bond between baby and parent. It is the baby sling.
Baby slings have been around for quite some time and have not much evolved. They are easy to wear, easy to care for and easy to transport. Provided are the top 5 reasons to wear your baby in a sling:
1. Building Communication - with the act of holding your baby close, a parent is more equipped to pick up on their baby's cues an become attuned to their baby's gestures. Being able to read your baby's signals without them having to cry builds their trust in you, as well as increase their confidence and learning experiences. This creates a positive interaction and enhances the bond between baby and parent.
2. Convenience - baby slings allow you to move freely while holding your baby close. You are able to do your daily activities such as shopping, cooking, walking and completing errands all while holding your child. The sling fits nicely and comfortably on your shoulders. It eliminates any discomfort or awkward feelings. It also allows you to discreetly breastfeed your child while blocking stimuli. The sling can also be used as a blanket, pillow or changing pad.
3. Promoting Development - carrying your baby in a sling can promote physical development. While you carry your child, they observe your movements, breathing and heartbeat which in turn helps regulate the child's own physical responses.
4. Affordable - baby slings are cost effective when compared to other baby carrying or transporting devices. The average cost of a sling can range from $30 to $85 dollars and easily lasts for up to two years. You can also make your own sling for the ambitious parents.
5. Happier Baby - some studies have shown that babies who are held in baby slings cry less then those who are not. Instead they feel the comfort and security of their parent and are able to observe their environments and entertain themselves while being calmly stimulated.
As said before, there are many baby gadgets out there but the baby sling will surely be up there with must-have items for new parents.