Practicing gratitude and joy is one of the five key concepts that support authentic presence. The principle of giving thanks is a fine one and I've decided to officially adopt it. It is said that the first Thanksgiving was celebrated on September 8, 1565. Thanksgiving in the United States and Canada was observed on various dates throughout history. On 26 December 1941 President Franklin D Roosevelt , with the intention of giving the country and economic boost, agreed to sign a bill making the fourth Thursday in November a national holiday. I'm declaring today a day of thank-you. Celebrating worth - yours.
If it' s true that we're neurobiologically hard wired for connection and it's the ability to feel loving connection that gives purpose and meaning to our lives then what stands in the way of having a fulfilling, purposeful life? Feelings of self worth or lack of it, determine. your bank balance, the quality of your relationships, and what you feel you can or can't charge for your services. For the five key concepts to raise your self-worth and to discover the characteristics of people with a strong sense of worth ...
According to Brene Bown, it's a mixture of shame, (where shame is the fear of disconnection and a feeling of "I'm not good enough") and extreme vulnerability. Brown spent six years researching and found that people who have a strong sense of worth have a deep rooted core of love and belonging and those who struggle for it, don't.
People who have a strong sense of worth
• Have courage to tell the story of who they are (Where courage means to tell the story of who they are with a whole heart)
• Have the courage to be imperfect
• Let go of who they thought they should be in favour of being who they were
• Compassion to be kind to self and then others
• Believe that what made them vulnerable made them beautiful
• Do something where there were no guarantees
• Invest in a relationship that may or may not work out
• Fully embrace their vulnerability
• Experience connection as a result of authenticity
We numb our vulnerability. Brown reflected on American society as in debt, obese, addicted, medicated. Numbed. Are we so different here in Australia? Emotion cannot be selectively numbed, if you numb the hard feelings you also numb joy, happiness and gratitude and are therefore miserable and seeking purpose and meaning. We attempt to make every thing uncertain, certain and blame others. Where blame is a way to discharge fear and discomfort.
Raise Your Authentic Presence & Worth with 5 Key Concepts:
• Let yourself be seen deeply and vulnerably
• Love wholeheartedly
• Practice gratitude and joy - even and particularly when times are tough
• Embrace the uncertainty and develop flexibility
• Really get that YOU ARE ENOUGH.