When selecting a preschool in Lake Ridge, Virginia, you should expect certain things from the school and its curriculum. This community of over 30,000 people sits just south of the DC metro area. You are putting your child into this school's hands. You should expect only the best for your child. Here are a few things you should expect from any preschool program:
1. Even with preschool, the emphasis needs to be on giving the children a balanced experience. Integrating play and learning is important to stimulate the child's mind and social skills. One way to do this is to utilize a solid curriculum like the Peabody Early Experience Kit. This integrated package offers a wide range of hands-on learning experiences that give the children mental stimulation while also feeling like play. Learning starts out fun.
2. As your preschooler begins to mature a bit, you want a preschool in Lake Ridge Virginia that will bring their curriculum activities to the next level. You should expect them to start learning basic concepts like letters, numbers, and shapes. Other skills introduced need to include songs, sorting, and social skills. This is the way to prepare your preschooler for entering school in a year or two.
3. Another thing to consider is how your preschooler will transition to kindergarten and beyond. Today, schools expect kids to have a certain amount of skills before they get into regular school. You need a preschool in Lake Ridge Virginia that understands this necessity. Starting to introduce a more formal curriculum is a good start. While kids still need to play, they can begin to learn that words have meaning and that they can add numbers together.
4. You need a school that emphasizes education in the preschool years. You might think that a preschool should worry mainly about child care. That is very important for toddlers. However, you also need to start preparing your child for success as they prepare to enter regular school. With the right preschool in Lake Ridge Virginia, you can do it quite easily.
5. You need a preschool that understands the importance of parent participation. A successful student needs to the support and guidance of both educators and parents. You need a school that actively communicates with parents and requires them to participate in their child's education.
If you take these expectations with you in selecting your preschool, your child will excel and you will see that child bloom before your eyes.