You can find a complete range of Asian wedding venues in the UK from low end to high budget. The range includes community halls, town halls, banqueting suites, hotels, country homes and marquee venues.
There are many practical considerations to keep in mind while choosing Asian wedding venues. A little groundwork can help you find the right Asian wedding venues for your budget and requirements..
First, decide on the number of guests you are going to invite. Space should be an important governing factor while choosing Asian wedding venues. No matter how elegant the surroundings and other preparations, guests will not be happy if they are over crowded and it is not easy to mingle.
An Asian wedding comprises many pre-nuptial ceremonies such as mehendi ceremony, sangeet ceremony etc. Do you want all the ceremonies in one Asian wedding venues or in different ones? While deciding this, again think of the convenience of your guests. For example, if you have people coming from abroad, they can find accommodation near one Asian wedding venues. For them, commuting to different Asian wedding venues may not be ideal.
While seeking references for Asian wedding venues from friends and relatives is a good option, you may also consider the Asian wedding venues listed in Your Dream Shaadi’s Asian wedding directory.
Once you have shortlisted a few Asian wedding venues, you can note down their addresses and then inspect them personally. It is a good idea to be armed with a list of questions for the wedding venues you visit so you can make fair comparisons
Here is a list of questions you may wish to ask:
• Does the Asian wedding venues have enough parking space, on site or nearby?
• Does the Asian wedding venues allow indoor fire for conducting a Hindu wedding ceremony (if required)?
• Is the Asian wedding venues disabled-friendly?
• How far is the kitchen from the hall where the food will be served?
• Does the Asian wedding venues have easy loading bays and access for caterers and décor companies?
• Are there enough plug points for the décor company and DJ?
• Is the height of the wedding venue enough to accommodate a mandap?
• Does the Asian wedding venues have ample heating or AC?
• Does the Asian wedding venues offer package services including catering, decoration, seating, security etc.
• Is the Asian wedding venues available for the specific date you have in mind?
• Can the wedding venue accommodate the number of guests you would like to invite, once a top table, dance floor and wedding stage are in place
• Does the Asian wedding venues have in-house catering or allow outside catering if you want something different from what they are offering?
• Will the wedding venue provide storage for presents and drinks (if you can supply your own)?
• Does the Asian wedding venues have outdoor space for a marquee?
• If it is an outdoor Asian wedding venues, what is the contingency plan for bad weather?
• Will the Asian wedding venues provide you with a dressing room for the duration of your event?
Time of the year: The popular months for an Asian wedding are May to September and so if you are planning a wedding during these months, make sure to book your Asian wedding venues well in advance. Keep in mind that some of the best Asian wedding venues in the UK have long waiting lists. In fact, this should be an important factor when deciding your wedding date.
Day of the week: In the UK, Saturday is the most expensive day to get married, other than Friday and Sunday. You’ll find the Asian wedding venues less expensive during week days, so do bear this in mind if you are on a budget.
Seating and space: Given that Asian weddings involve hundreds of guests, it is important to find an Asian wedding venues that has enough space to seat all the guests. Also make sure that there is wheel chair accessibility for the guests who can not climb stairs.
Staff: The staff of the Asian wedding venues should be able to make the guests comfortable. In fact, you should meet the staff who will be on-location for your wedding to make sure that your guests are well attended.
As a closing note, read your contract carefully to see there are no hidden charges and policies that could affect your pocket and event.