I would call this recipe Banana muffins with a hint of peanut butter because you do taste peanut butter but it is not as dominant as in other recipes. If you want the peanut butter to be more dominant you could add a bit more peanut butter but I like this recipe because of the subtle use of peanut butter.
In life there are certain matches that work, and in the kitchen itís more or less the same thing: Ham and cheese, strawberries and chocolate, apple and cinnamon, and one of my favorite combinations is banana and peanut butter. They are a match made in heaven.
The good thing is that most kids also love peanut butter so this will be one the of family favorite recipes. This recipe works best with bananas that are very ripe, or even overripe. Itís a good way to finish those bananaís that were in the fruit basket just a bit too long. Do not throw away those bananas, make some nice banana peanut butter muffins instead!
Ingredients for banana peanut butter muffins
How to make those delicious banana peanut butter muffins
- 2 ľ cups of plain flour
- Pinch of salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 Ĺ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- Ĺ cup of brown sugar
- ľ cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
An alternative if you have made a different kind of muffins is to make a banana peanut butter topping. I hope you enjoy these banana peanut butter muffins just as much as I do.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F)
- As usual we will make two bowls, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients
- In the dry bowl combine flour, salt baking powder and baking soda
- In the wet bowl combine the butter (room temperature) and the peanut butter and the milk until its nice and smooth, a hand mixer is convenient
- Now add the sugar to the wet mixture and then add the slightly beaten eggs. Keep on mixing on low speed until blended
- Now add the mashed bananas to the wet mixture
- Add the wet mixture in bowl with the dry ingredients and fold until just blended
- Now spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan (you can grease the pan or use paper muffin cups)
- Bake the banana peanut butter muffins for 20 minutes (you can test with a toothpick, when inserted in the center and it comes out clean the muffins are ready)