Leaders are dreamers first, so if you have so many dreams that you're dying to turn into reality, there is a possibility that you can become a great leader in the future. But leaders are not born leaders; they have to develop the skills that are necessary to become well deserving of their position. If you have been contemplating of becoming one, then there is a fair chance for you to be one. Finally, leaders have a great vision and the ability to articulate that vision. What about you, do you have a vision? Are you articulate enough to persuade others to turn that vision into reality? How would you articulate your vision as a leader? Here are some of the best ways:
1. Lead. As a leader, you have to lead by example. You cannot fully show them what's in it for them if they don't see your vision in you. Make sure then that you are a walking example of what you have in mind.
2. Manage less. Nobody wants to be managed. Being a leader is all about human behavior and interpersonal skills. Use your charisma and persuasion not your authority.
3. Simplify. As the one who has the vision, it might be clear to you but not for others. You need to simplify this vision in a way that they will easily grasp the idea. Only by this can you persuade them that your vision is coherent and workable.
4. Energize others. Make sure that you are not the only one who can feel your vision, share the passion with your peers. Make them feel that they can be benefited by this vision you have. Energize them to believe that this can be done.
5. Use less force. You don't need to show your peers your authority to enable them to see their future in your vision. Remember that a leader doesn't use authority but charisma and persuasion to articulate a vision.
6. See change as an opportunity. Leaders are not dismayed by change, they embrace it. So when a vision comes up, they make sure that the changes that this vision offer is also embraced fully by their peers.
7. Put values first. Being clear with what your vision is and what it can offer for the improvement of everyone's life is the essence of articulating it. You need to open all the cards by setting the values first.
8. Make everybody a team player. A vision will stay a vision if you are not able to turn it into reality, and the only way to do that is by seeking everyone's help. Only when everyone is willing to take part on your vision will it be easy to achieve.