Aside from Epsom salt, you can also use baking soda in order to make a good solution for a hot sitz bath. In this article, we are going to tackle the ways on how to make your baking soda hot sitz bath, and learn about the benefits of using baking soda instead of salt. Hot sitz bath is very beneficial to people who just had a surgery for hemorrhoids, because this can relieve you from the pain caused by the open wound, and the itchy feeling as well. Read this article from top to bottom in order to learn more about it.
Hot sitz bath with baking soda can also make recovery quick. Aside from that, it can also cure vaginal infection caused by yeast. There are actually so many benefits that you can get, if you go on a hot sitz bath.
Itching, burning sensation, and irritation, are just some of the things that you will be experiencing if you have vaginal infection or if you just went a hemorrhoid surgery. Although warm water and salt can ease the irritation, adding baking soda will increase the effectiveness of hot sitz bath.
To make your baking soda solution, please follow the simple steps I have for you below:
1. In a shallow basin or bathtub, collect an ample amount of water that can cover your buttocks. It would be better if the water will reach your hip area, to make sure that you will be able to soak the affected part entirely. The water should but hot, but not to the extent of burning yourself. Make sure that the water is tolerable enough for you to sit it on, for at least 20 minutes.
2. With a spoon, scoop in at least 5 baking soda in to the bathtub or basin. Stir it with your spoon and make sure that the baking soda is fully dissolved in the water.
3. Once the baking soda is fully dissolved, sit on it, and stay there for at least 20 minutes, or until the water is already cold. The more you are able to soak, the better, because baking soda has a lot of properties that can kill bacteria causing infection and irritation as well.
4. After soaking for 20 minutes or so, dry your body with a soft cloth. Avoid using towel because cotton towels can easily scratch the affected area.
5. The hot sitz bath with baking soda can be done three times a day, or depending on your doctor’s advice.
These are the steps on how to make and do a baking soda hot sitz bath. Keep in mind that you have to ask your doctor about this procedure first, before doing it. He will be able to give you proper directions in order to promote faster recovery. Do not try to mix anything in your hot sitz bath, especially if not prescribed by your doctor. It might cause more irritation and discomfort in the end.