Travel insurance helps to get money back due to certain emergencies like baggage loss, health issues and many other problems. It includes coverage for medical, migration, cancellation and many more. If you have planned a major vacation in advance, then it is a smart purchase. It is important to choose the right policy to get the benefit. Since these usually work as an independent travel insurance service providers, they offer you insurance rates from hundreds of companies.
Travel insurance is divided in following major categories:
1. Trip Cancellation Insurance: Repayment to travelers who are unable to take their trip due to several reasons like health issues or death of the traveler or a family member, jury duty, airline strikes, terrorism, bankruptcy, or their home being rendered in bad condition because of some natural calamities.
2. Medical/Health: Most of the travel insurance plans work by repaying the traveler after they have paid locally for cure. The claims are paid within 7 to 10 days after applying for reimbursement.
3. Medical Migration: In this, travelers are provided emergency transportation to a local hospital or to a hospital which is near to their home. Family members can return home if they are also covered on the same policy.
4. Accidental Death: This coverage is divided into three parts. They are
I. Common Carrier: It covers death or dismemberment at the same time of traveling on public transport like plane, train, ship, van and cab.
II. Air Flight Accident: It covers death or dismemberment during an air flight only. It provides the maximum amount of coverage as there are few chances of mishappening.
III. Accidental Death: It covers dismemberment or death at any time on the trip. It gives the least amount of coverage because of maximum risk of crisis.
5. Rental Car Damage: companies reimburse travelers for damage or loss to a rental vehicle.
6. Travel Delay: travel Insurance companies repay the money for food, clothes and hotel expenses in case flight is delay.
7. Assistance Services: insurance companies provide 24 hours collect call advice and help services to travelers. The service is used whenever a traveler needs suggestion.
8. Baggage Loss: they reimburse travelers for misplaced, stolen or broken personal items. The coverage is usually for the duration of the trip, and it is not restricted to baggage broken or misplaced by airline. Total claim and per item maximum are the two policy limits. Some policies also place restrictions on items like laptops, jewelry and sporting goods.
There are various online portals that give details of numerous travel insurance companies. One can browse them on the internet. Read all the details properly to know about the policies of the company. Choose the company who has a good reputation and offers good services. Select the company that offers instant answers to all the insurance policies and able to purchase directly in real time. You can read reviews of the people to know about the company and their services. Give suggestions so that they can improve their services.