Peppermint tea is certainly a tasty treat, and the real good news is that the health benefits to your body are as good as the taste. It is still being debated whether peppermint tea is an official cancer fighter, but the many health benefits of peppermint tea are well known and could contribute to better long-term health including warding off the worst diseases.
1. Peppermint tea aids digestion.
Sluggish digestion is responsible for many illnesses in America including colon cancer, which will kill 40,000 Americans this year. In addition, 150,000 new cases will be diagnosed. When digestion slows, toxins form waste that canít be eliminated and end up getting absorbed back into your body. Peppermint is among the powerful herbs that helps digestion speed up so waste can be eliminated sooner.
2. Help for irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is something more and more people need.
IBS is another symptom of colon disorder that creates open sores in the lower colon and causes, frequent, incomplete bathroom trips. Peppermint capsules have been shown to treat the illness for quite some time, and it is now being found that regular consumption of peppermint tea can help keep a person more regular.
3. Peppermint is also an excellent natural sleep aid.
It settles your stomach and helps your whole body balance and relax. A cup before bed means a better nightís sleep. Better sleep means the body can do more to repair damaged cells and it also means youíll have more energy to conquer the day ahead without using up your reserves.
4. How does peppermint help a cold go away faster?
Itís been shown that peppermint can help the body kill viruses. It is also known to help with the fight against different bacteria. Peppermint is also a natural relaxant that numbs the body. A touch of relaxed numbness can help you get to sleep at night, and nothing fights a cold quite like a good nightís sleep.
5. Other health benefits of peppermint tea include reduction of inflammation of various tissues from the colon, to joints and even the prostate gland, as well as inflammation that is symptomatic of tuberculosis. Peppermint teaís anti-inflammatory properties also help curb many skin disorders.
While the health benefits of peppermint tea donít officially include cancer-fighting, recent studies show peppermint has had a consistent, positive effect on reducing tumors. The power of peppermint tea is still being discovered. In the meantime, it is already helping millions sleep better at night.