1. The gym can make your skin the envy of your friends. The increase in circulation can bring nutrients to your skin cells and help remove waste buildup. It can also increase collagen, which can help support and firm your skin, for a smoother overall look.
2. Working out can make you smarter. Current studies show that exercise can actually increase brain cells. There are also studies showing that older adults that exercise perform cognitive test much better when they regularly exercise.
3. Wound healing is another benefit. This is probably more important to older adults, because as we age, we heal slower. Wounds can heal up to 25 percent faster.
4. Your boss will love the fact that hitting the gym also improves work productivity. You can read studies showing increase work volume and less of a drop in production as the day goes on.
5. Lifting, or running, or any exercise can also raise your self-esteem. By setting small goals and achieving them, our personal self-image gets better. I am sure an improved physique could boost our esteem as well.
6. Working up a sweat also can help with constipation. Many people spend a good majority of their day uncomfortable because of constipation, and this could be music to their ears. As your body grows stronger so would your ability to move waste.
7. Pain relief is one of the best reasons to stay active. Endorphins, and an improved outlook could possibly help with chronic pain. Remember that if you are having chronic pain you should always coordinate your workout routine with your doctor.
8. I think the best secret benefit to exercise is our love life. I am not just talking about improved performance due to enhanced hormone production. I am talking about the fact that your perfect partner might be at your next class, track, mat, or gym. Get out and meet some great people.