I'm super excited to share this with you, a full overview, behind the scenes, what goes on, the fun stuff, the stressful stuff, what needs to be prepared and basically just a really awesome summary of the whole day, start to end.
Wedding are a serious matter, the real deal and you don't get any second chances. That's why you need to be prepared, organised and know your stuff!
So, let's set the scene: you have booked the wedding a year ago, regularly communicated with the couple throughout the year, had a pre wedding meeting to go through the timeline of the day and all other details (I'll go through this in detail in another post), and now the time has come, tomorrow is the wedding day!...
Day before the Wedding:
There is a little bit of work that needs to be done before the wedding day, not much, but just enough so you can wake up stress free and ready to rock here is a little checklist that I do the day before EVERY wedding!
- Text the bride telling her how excited I am to be shooting her wedding and basically just checking in (so she knows I'm 100% coming!).
- Gather all my gear and make sure camera batteries are charging, flash batteries are charging, quickly clean my lenses and clear all my cards.
- Double check the schedule and refresh my memory about where I'm going and what I'm doing. These days 99% of the time I find I have already shot at the locations or venues so this does not require much prep, but back in the day I used to do a recce and plan out the whole shoot, shot by shot, pose by pose.
- Check the GPS so I know how long it takes me to get to my first destination. I always like to rock up 5 mins early as I feel it just sets me up for an awesome day!
- Make sure the car has petrol in it. I don't like stressing about this on shoot day.
Morning of the Wedding:
Alright, we are up, super excited and it's time to get moving! I usually start the day with a massive breakfast to keep me as full as possible for as long as possible. Everyone is different, but I can get seriously 'hangry' when I don't eat and can get a little grumpy! So on that note, I ALWAYS BRING FOOD WITH ME on the day. I meet so many photographers and videographers that don't eat all day and I seriously don't know how they function! As I'm running around all day on high alert and high energy, I like to graze all day while driving between locations and stay hydrated.
OK, time to get moving! Last checklist before we are on our way:
- Gear is packed and in the car. Double check that everything is there and batteries and cards are back in the camera bag and not still charging in the house!
- Lunch is packed and in the esky!
- Dressed to impress, looking professional ready for a wedding. Imaging yourself as a guest, make sure you dress the part! In my company, no jeans, t-shirts or anything else that looks sloppy. You're representing yourself and your brand, make sure you look good!
Page 1 of 6 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next