The Cayman Islands are a popular stop on MSCís Caribbean cruise packages. The Cayman Islands are located in the British West Indies and have beautiful beaches and lush landscapes. The islands are well known for water sports such as diving and snorkeling, as well as the famous Seven Mile Beach. Whatever you decide to do on your MSC Cruises western Caribbean cruise, there are countless Caribbean cruise deals and activities to keep you entertained on your Cayman Islands cruise stop.
Cayman Islands History
The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory and are part of the Western Caribbean Islands. It has a population of over 50,000 people. Three islands make up the territory, including Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. Grand Cayman is the biggest island and has the capital city of George Town. As mentioned, the Cayman Islands are known for water sports, Seven Mile Beach, and are also widely known for being a major center for offshore financial banking.
Cayman Islands Cruise
There are several different cruise packages that pass through the Cayman Islands aboard the MSC Divina. The MSC Divina has a 7 and 8 day cruise tour that goes through United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Bahamas and United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Belize, Bahamas. Get ready to explore the Caribbean and the Cayman Islands on a cruise!
Cayman Islands Activities
1. City Tour- A great way to explore the Cayman Islands when the cruise is at port is to take a city tour. Stop by for a tour of Pedro St. James and Pedroís Castle, then to Bodden Town, the previous capital of the Cayman Islands. See the native and exotic plants at the Botanical Gardens. Go to Grand Harbour and after take a boat tour to Stingray City Sandbar.
2. Seven Mile Beach & Tiki Bar- One of Cayman Islandís main tourist attraction is its famed Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy the sunbathing or taking the dip in the ocean at Tiki Beach resort. If you want, you can also go kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing, or snorkeling at the resort.
3. Dolphin Swim- Go on an excursion to Dolphin Cove to swim with the dolphins. Dolphin Cove also offers visitors a touch tank where you can interact with sea animals like lobsters, starfish and sea urchins. Then enjoy riding with a dolphin in the water and even give them a kiss!
4. Stingray City Sandbar-Another one of the Cayman Islands most visited spots is the Stingray City Sandbar. Here, you will have a chance to get up close and personal with the stingrays that inhabit the islands! Grab a snorkel and life vest and observe the variety of tropical fish and stingrays here, plus you have a chance to feed them!
5. Snorkeling- Enjoy a snorkeling excursion at two different sites on your Cayman Islands trip! The first snorkeling tour takes place at the wreck of Cali, an underwater structure that has been there for 40 years and has coral and marine wildlife to observe. The second snorkeling site is called Cheeseburger Reef, due to its proximity to a Burger King restaurant. Here you will get to explore the beautiful coral reef system and wide variety of marine life that inhabits it.