The safety training for workers is a starting point for a mandatory in the company rule immune from any administrative sanctions and above all safe for employees. The Consolidated Law on safety at work gives ample space to the management of training courses on safety for workers, in particular, the safety courses are required and at the expense of the employer.
In general all aspects concerning workers, and specifically their training, are defined by the law which provides for the frequency of training courses precise spanning different areas relating not only to safety in construction but also in the management of contracts and in offices. Training workers, therefore, concerns many aspects of safety, defined within the SSSTS courses.
The program of the course includes:
• Circumstances of the accident and communication with the 911.
• Recognize health emergency.
• Assessment of psychological and physical conditions of the injured worker.
• Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and respiratory, skeletal and potential trauma that can be (dislocations, fractures, trauma, and injury).
• Sustaining life functions: cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
• Limitations and risks of first aid.
• General knowledge on specific diseases of the working environment;
• Practical intervention: first aid techniques, resuscitation and displacement.
Training for workers in SSSTS course
• The SSSTS training embraces many aspects relating to safety at work, the training of workers is defined the SMSTS course. This course defines through the various points, that:
• Training is the responsibility of the employer.
• Training must be regular and in some cases also provides refresher courses
• In addition to theoretical training, it is provided in the most specific practical training to be carried out in collaboration with experienced directly in the workplace.
• Duration, content and mode of delivery of training (if any online courses) are established.
• There is specific training for people who have to take action in case of emergencies or who have roles of responsibility.
• The training and the resulting certificate must be done in collaboration with a joint body.
These rules that determine the formation of an employee by the figure covering, since there are special training courses for SSTS, SMSTS, and first aiders or fire, or as specified are intended for specific training courses just because of the particularities of the role.
The penalties provided for
As with all aspects of safety at work, even in the event of default on the training of workers are planned sanctions to meet by the employer. In fact, according to the law, the employer is responsible for training of their employees, not only economically.
The employer should make sure that each employee gets sufficient training on health and safety, including with regard to language skills, with particular reference to:
a) The concepts of risk, damage, prevention, protection, organization of corporate prevention, rights and duties of the various corporate entities, supervisory, control, assistance;
b) Risks related to the duties and the possible damage and the resulting measures and procedures for prevention and protection characteristic of the industry or sector of belonging company.