ARDS Clinical Trials is a clinical research in Miami that collaborate in the development of therapies for diseases of high incidence. We have two enrolling studies, one of them is the skin infection who has some requires for the community participation.
Aside from our research curriculum, AR Development Solution has become an active member in our community by volunteering in health fairs. We screen for common indications with high prevalence that often go unnoticed until it's too late. In addition, we provide health education in different areas of interest to reduce risks and enhance overall wellness to our community involvement.
The skin covers the organs, tissues, bones, and muscles of the body. An important function of the skin is to protect the body from infection. Acute wound infections can be caused by a wide variety of germs, and symptoms can vary in severity. In some cases, infections can spread beyond the skin and into the bloodstream.
How is the Symptoms of Skin Infection for Participation?
The symptoms of an acute bacterial skin can vary depending on the type. A common symptom includes redness of the skin. A rash may also develop. In some cases, such as cellulitis, swelling can also occur. Sores, blisters, and lesions can also be symptoms of certain skin infections.
If you want to participate at our enrolling study, you must to have some symptoms of skin infection:
What Causes a Skin Infection?
- White Blood Cell (WBC) count > 10,000 cells/mm3 • >10% immature neutrophils (bands) regardless of total peripheral WBC count
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP) > ULN
- Lymph node enlargement proximal to the infection
- Lymphangitic streaking proximal to the infection ABSSSI
How are the requirements for the study participation?
- The three main causes of infection are bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Many types of bacteria can cause an infection.
- Viral skin infections are most often caused by one of three groups of viruses: poxvirus, human papillomavirus, and herpes simplex virus.
- Skin infections can also be caused by fungi, most commonly yeast.
In the opinion of the Investigator, the patient will require 10 days of oral systemic antibacterial therapy. All study-related medical care, labs tests and investigation study medicine will be provided at no cost to you.
- Male or female subject ≥ 18 years of age, and adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18 years who weigh greater than 60 kg.
- Suspected or documented ABSSSI caused by a Gram-positive pathogen.
- You must to have a Cellulitis
- You must to have a Wound infection
- You must to have a Major cutaneous abscess
You may receive compensation for time and travel.