If you need to work with JPEG image format you should know a little more about it. JPEG compression is used in a number of image file formats. JPEG/Exif is the most common image format used by digital cameras and other photographic image capture devices; along with JPEG/JFIF, it is the most common format for storing and transmitting photographic images on the World Wide Web.
Windows Metafile (WMF) designed for Microsoft Windows in the 1990s and in 1993, it stores a list of functions that have to be called by the Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI). To work with this graphic format on Mac OS you will need special software. For example "WMF Converter Pro" from the "Cristallight Software" company. This is a specialized program for reading and converting WMF / EMF images on Apple Macintosh computers. The program has an intuitive user interface and uses a dark style.
To make conversion from WMF to JPG you need to do only 2-3 steps:
- open picture using file menu or just drag&drop it into application window,
- setup other then default output resolution and export folder* (* not necessary),
- and press "JPG" titled violet button in bottom of app screen.
Potential competitor "WMF Converter Pro" is "Graphics Converter". This program allows you to both read and save a large number of image formats, but is more complex and expensive. You can find "WMF Converter Pro" on AppStore and on company’s website.
Main Features of "WMF Converter Pro":
- Navigate through WMF and EMF images using navigation keys and keyboard shortcuts,
- View WMF and EMFs at different zoom amounts,
- Convert mac wmf files to vector formats,
- Convert wmf files to most common raster formats with different resolution amounts,
- Batch convert images, or folders with wmf/emf files,
- Multiple WMF and EMF files processing,
- WMF image information display,
- Replace colors feature in vector based WMFs,
- Export images to PDF, EPS, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PNG, TIFF and other image formats,
- Export WMF and EMFs as mac 'ICNS' files,
- Multiple export buttons,
- Customizable image Preview size, and
- Export folder hierarchy.
More information how to convert WMF to JPEG can be found here: http://www.cristallight.com/WMFConverterPro/