Inflammation is an immune response of the body which helps in the healing process. But, there also comes a time when it can get out of control and damage the body. Words that end in "-itis" indicate inflammatory problems. Inflammation can produce even the most chronic diseases which include cancer. You can be experiencing these conditions and may feel that it is inevitable and unavoidable, but it is. There are many anti inflammatory spices that are used in your everyday life. You may have been using these spices all along but do not know that they work against inflammation.
Before going through the anti inflammatory spices, it is best to know that foods high in sugar and saturated fat are great contributors to inflammation. They can cause the immune system to become out of control which can lead to blood vessel damages, joint pain, and fatigue. Removing these from your diet is the first step to reduce joint pain, arthritis and other inflammatory problems.
Now, let us go through the different anti inflammatory spices that will start you off in an inflammatory free road. Just a teaspoon of these herbs and spices can help your body control the levels of inflammation to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses.
1. Turmeric - This is the yellow color of curry. It is greatly used in Asian and Indian cooking. Turmeric is proven to reduce inflammatory disorders such as arthritis and tendonitis. It works to turn off the protein which triggers the immune system's inflammation process. The full benefit may take two months to develop.
2. Ginger - It is side-by-side with turmeric on the top of the anti inflammatory spices list. It is also widely used for cooking in Asia. Ginger has been seen to reduce inflammation in the intestines. It is easy to use, you can grate, chop or slice it - there is also dry ginger which is excellent in treating inflammatory problems.
3. Basil - A fragrant herb that is commonly used in salads and pasta sauces. Basil can inhibit the enzymes that are blocked by anti inflammatory medications. It can stop bacteria that cause inflammation. But, be safe when eating basil because an overdose can be a cause of other illnesses.
4. Cinnamon - This spice is used everywhere - it can be added to bread, brownies, cakes, and coffee. It does not just enhance the flavor, it also fights bacteria and reduces inflammation in the body. Large doses of anything can pose risks, so eat it in moderation.
5. Cayenne - With its spicy flavor, the 5th one in our anti inflammatory spices can help in treating your inflammatory problems. It is packed with vitamin B-complex, calcium, potassium and vitamin C. It has capsaicin which decreases inflammation inhibiting a substance that is involved in the body's immune response.
6. Nutmeg - Being native to India, nutmeg has been used as a medicinal spice since the 16th century. It has the ability to destroy pathogens that can cause chronic diseases in your body. Nutmeg is commonly used as ointment to soothe pain in muscles and joints.
The top 6 anti inflammatory spices we have should be taken in moderation and with a healthy diet. Reduce eating fatty food and foods that are high in sugar. Remove the thinking that inflammation is just an anti-aging process; it could be reduced by using these essential spices and eating a healthy diet.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!