If you are a victim of consumer fraud you have the right to seek the compensation for the loss that you have faced simply by using the product or the services. Also, you should know your rights as a consumer because if you don’t know your rights you won’t be able to make a proper case, your consumer fraud attorney will guide you more in depth.
Today’s era is prone to face fraud, misrepresentation, theft and other harsh activities, the business owners find ways and means to earn a profit and so they try to choose shortcut ways by playing with the lives of the consumer. Consumer safety is way too important but this negligence was shown by the business and companies purposely to increase their financial well being which is to be considered as consumer fraud. The cases can involve defective product being sold to the customer, not providing the safety tips on how to use a product, or also in case of lending money by banks and another financial institute also faulty advertising. Well, this consumer fraud is considered to be the most controversial topic and for those involved in it, the consumer usually doesn’t have the financial back up in order to file a claim. This should be known that if you have faced any kind of issues like this and you have lost finance simply because of indulging yourself unknowingly in a consumer fraud activity you have the right to seek advice and file a claim for the same with the help of Consumer fraud attorney NJ against the person who have harmed your health or your financial control.
When Do You Consider Yourself As A Victim Of Consumer Fraud?
• When the seller misrepresented the quality of the product or services or its functioning, durability as well as capabilities
• Offering some product or services to you, but then supplied you some other product or service.
• When it comes to billing the services or the product, then the bills are incorrect or not properly stated
• The product offered to you is highly defective, without warranty and you have paid for the product but not utilized any benefit out of it.
• Making huge claim regarding the service or product as a sales pitch but when you actually bought you didn’t see any benefit in it as per the claim.
• Hiding the true condition of the product even if it’s fresh or second hand and such a falsified statement came to your notice once you purchased it
What Should You Do Immediately After It?
• Be Calm It is very important to be calm because if you make any kind of decision in order to get justice, you may definitely fail to look on to the legal aspect. Don’t act by yourself in order to seek justice; there is a legal representative who is there to handle up your case in a much better way. You can take small actions against the business that have harmed you, say you can just ask the business or the firms to refund you back the money.
• Reporting Next step is immediate action if the business owners are not ready to repay you any amount or even not ready to provide you another product or service for free as an exchange then you should definitely go about reporting the wrongful act. What you can do is call up the police, the police report will be needed as a proof that you have filed a case against the business. Here what you can do is start hunting out for a consumer fraud attorney NJ.
• Documentation is needed Also remember, when you plan to report some incident that can be stated as consumer frauds, you do require documentation, evidence or any paperwork that can be proved in the court. When you speak with your professional consumer fraud attorney NJ they will definitely need few documents with this they can plan to start up your case in a better way. Later they will help you in collecting all the important evidence. Find out any text message, bills, emails or warranty card that you have exchanged with the fraudulent company. Make sure you also hold a copy of the police report, because it is valuable for your attorney too when representing your case.
• Speak With The Professional Finally, don’t hesitate or delay in talking with a professional attorney as they are experienced in such acts, they have the knowledge of handling the case well. Representing victims in the court and fighting for their rights is what the attorney’s mission is. They are also aware of the consumer law; they know the rights of the consumer so if there is any violation of rights, they can justify this in court and keep you protected.
Making a Compensation Claim
• It is very important to figure out an estimate when it comes to calculating a fair compensation for the consumer fraud case. Here are few pointers that can help you in framing compensation amount.
• First will be, working out in depth to figure out the estimated amount of compensation that you will need. This estimated compensation amount is derived on the basis of getting back to your financial position that you were living before the problem occurred.
• Also contact the business owners, through the mail, phone call or any other ways and make sure to present the claim to them for the compensation.
• Also, inform them that you need a refund or replacement to the product if the product was defective or under warranty.
• Also show the proof of the purchase to them, the date, the time, the day, bank statement, bills anything.
• If the supplier who sold you the product or the services deny to the claim and is not ready to pay you any compensation amount, you have to switch to the next move.
• Here you can seek formal help, by lodging a complaint against them, as discussed earlier. Prior to reporting comes disclosing the problems to the business owners. You should give the business or supplier a chance to speak from their point of view. Consumer fraud case will begin the moment they deny to provide you what is right of you as a consumer.