Barrie is one charming city owing to its beautiful beach-line waterfront surrounding and also because of it astonishing history. There are more than enough things to do and places to visit in Barrie. These are our top 10 things to do in Barrie:
1. The Waterfront: the waterfront of Barrie is one of its most attractive features, along with its numerous parks and waterfront trails. There are three beaches where you can relax and unwind, play some sports, have a picnic, or try out some restaurants. You can also give the 6.7 km Kempenfelt Bay trail a walk.
2. Festivals: you can’t just take away the festivities from Barrie, especially during summer. The most popular festival is the Kempenfest that takes place over the first weekend of august. There are a lot more festivals that you should not miss such as the Winterfest, Celebrate Barrie, etc.
3. Skiing: if you are an adrenaline junkie and you love the snow, then Barrie is a place for you. The city is packed with a lot of ski resorts that you can check out, one of which is the Horseshoe resort. One can say that Horseshoe is one of the best.
4. The Massive Spirit Catcher: at the shores of Kempenfelt Bay stands the massive 20 tons, 21-meter-high and 25-meter-wide Spirit Catcher built by sculptor Ron Baird for Vancouver’s Expo 86. It was purchased and donated to the ‘Barrie Gallery Project’ to create an art gallery and inspire artists.
5. Sport and Games: the biggest game in Barrie is the ice hockey, and it holds at the Holson Center. Hockey fans should definitely get a ticket and watch a game. You can also try out the restaurants and bars at the Holson Center, luckily you can still watch the games from there.
6. The Art Gallery: Barrie has a lot of beautiful art galleries, but you should definitely check out the MacLaren Art Center. This center is the home of the Bronze cast of Auguste Rodin’s sculpture; the Thinker. The MacLaren Art Gallery has more than 27,000 works of art that you would love to check out.
7. Shopping: for lovers of shopping, Barrie has a platoon of shopping outlets you can never have imagined. From small boutiques to large international shops, you will shop till you credit card begins to signal you that it is enough. There are malls, flea markets and stand-alone shops for you to choose from.
8. Checking out Breweries: there are three breweries in Barrie, and they all offer tours. You get to see how craft’s beer is made, and also taste it. You do not just get to know how the beer is made, but you also get to try out different brews from the tap.
9. Take a Walking Tour: a walking tour is one of the few ways to learn about the heritage of Barrie. You get to move through the city to its different parts to learn about their past and admire their charms.
10. The Spas: if you are looking to be pampered, check out any of the amazing spas in the city. They offer spectacular therapies, and their natural setting is one to leave you in awe.
Going around the great city of Barrie is quite a herculean task to accomplish in a short time.
It is quite stressful if you engage in it on your own, so check out https://www.partybus.com/Barrie/on/canada for a fun trip round the city.