If you or anyone close to you is injured in an accident and you believe that the reason behind this accident was clearly the distraction from the other side, it becomes a serious distracted driver accident case which shouldn't be taken lightly. The accident happens in an instant and it leaves long lasting results on the victim's body i.e. injuries. But, the case and getting compensation is never instant it takes time, effort, practice, knowledge, learning, commitment to a lot of things together to make you win a fair deal. Now after the accident it may be tough for you to decide the next step, the step that should be taken further, as in what should be done sooner after the accident has occurred. Getting the right compensation is all that you should expect from your case but in order to get the right help proving a distracted driver case becomes possible. This is not a really easy job, collecting evidence, building a strong case, proving the fault, proving a distraction, having enough evidence to support your statement everything has to be taken good care of. Now, if you are genuinely looking for a strong case, you can seek the advice of a lawyer in NJ.
How Are Evidence Known For A Distraction Case?
As the accident occurred all of a sudden, you may or may not have seen the actual purpose of the accident. In fact, for some time you could have assumed that reason could be your negligence too. But as it's a lawsuit, everything goes by evidence. How can the courtroom believe the accident to be a complete reason for distraction? Here is the way:
When you are involved in an accident in NJ there are 50-50 % chances of you having the complete visual of the accident in front of you, or it just happened in the blink of an eye, so you have no idea, how it happened. But when, you genuinely saw the main reason behind the accident, like the other driver, was busy on the phone or busy grooming themselves and then you saw the vehicle coming towards you without any control, you have a valid point and you can speak it with your distracted driver accident lawyer about it. Of course, there can be other ways you could have identified the driver to show negligence, like you cannot check the blood alcohol level of the driver while they hit you but the way they were driving, the way they look drowsy, lost you may have assumed or believed the reason to be a DUI. The accidents obviously occur on the highway or busy street, as in it occurs at the public place on roads and you do have people around you. The pedestrians, other drivers, or the passenger they may have seen the accident live happening. In fact, they also know the main reason behind it, they know what negligence occurred, they may have seen the driver busy interacting with the passenger or they were having some fun while interacting or drinking chips or juices while driving. This can be a serious cause of distraction too. With their statement, your case can be proven as well as they can explain in the court what the driver was doing just before the accident. Also remember, witness statements are valuable, you should have your Now, other evidence may be generated any other way except someone actually seeing it. Phone records can be one way to gain the right evidence, phone records can show what the other driver was doing as in, if they were busy on a call or any text messages or any other sort of stuff related to the mobile phone, exactly at the time or few minutes before the accident, you will have a straight idea about the other driver to be the sole cause of it, With this you have a better scope to prove a case of distracted driver accident in NJ with the help of a lawyer. These 3rd source data can be really useful and if you get the data like these as your support statement, it is surely going to help you in a long way.
- You Actually Saw It Happening:
Sue The Driver After The Accident:
- Yes, you can definitely sue the driver after the accident by first making sure you have a really strong and effective case. This can be done if you focus on having the right evidence. As discussed above, you can plan to have the right evidence to support you.
- You can have your distracted driver accident lawyer NJ who would support you with the right help; they can independently handle the case, ask advice from you or ask details about the accident or how it happened. You can definitely win the case by having a proper kind of communication with your professional and supporting them throughout, as they may need you as well for the case.
- It is also important for you to give your 100% attention on the case, apart from the case, you also need to give full attention to your injuries, treating your injuries well, recording all them medical bills or other health-related expenses you have incurred.
- Have a regular communication with your professional; make sure you sign the documents by properly reading it or with lawyer NJ guidance.
- Don't trust any insurance company blindly by giving them the statement or showing them the evidence, make it personal between you and your professional, only if your expert is present with you and allow you to speak and how much to speak, you can follow it that way, else don't utter a word.