Your wedding caterers will not only prepare your wedding menu and help coordinate the flow of the dinner but they also provide the tableware rentals. So after you shortlist the potential catering services, here are a few things you should know before you hire them.
1. The first and most important thing to know about your wedding catering service in Sydney is whether they meet local health department standards and liability insurance. If you are going to serve alcohol choose one that has a liquor license and liquid liability insurance.
2. References can help you know about their work. Ask for at least two references who had a similar reception menu style and a similar number of wedding guests.
3. Sometimes, caterers will schedule two or more events on the same day or weekend. Even if the catering service does have other events, make sure your wedding will get the attention it deserves. For trusted and professional caterers or any kind of wedding supplies in Sydney, you can always count on Different Weddings.
4. If you have decided a particular type of cuisine, hire a caterer who specialises in it to get the better and tastier results. As they will use the right resources and the right techniques to prepare the food properly.
5. Go for a catering company that offers full service from food preparation to bar service and cleans up. It will not only save you money but the hassle of finding the additional resources. And if a catering company is offering multiple packages, ask for the sample menu to decide which one works better for you.
6. On the basis of reviews, you can’t decide on the caterer, you will need to taste the food yourself to be sure. So, go for one that offers tastings.
7. You want to make sure that your caterer provides waitstaff and their catering staff dresses appropriately according to the style of your wedding.
8. Before hiring a caterer check if they provide a bar, what kind of packages they offer and do they charge by consumption or per person?
9. You need to know where the food will be prepared. If there is on-site facilities or they need to make additional arrangements. As you will be charged extra if the caterer has to carry equipment.
10. Any extra charges from the catering company will affect your bottom line, so it is better to know if they charge a security deposit, service fees or sales tax or any unexpected gratuities and plan for it.
11. It is very important to know how your caterer arranges the food on the plate or buffet because the presentation is everything, so ask for previous presentation photos from the caterer. You have put in a lot of time and effort into your wedding detail and this should also reflect in the food.