When an individual is hurt he/she is bound to some external as well as internal injuries. The injuries depend on the severity of the accident happened. If the people involved in the accident had been hit severely by any vehicle the impact may remain physical as well as emotional. If the mishap happened was huge and caused serious injuries to the people involved then they are bound to be claimed by the victim within a certain time period. In New Jersey, a victim has a statute of two years to file a personal injury case. If the victim fails to file the case within the time frame then his/her petition won't be even looked upon. Thus one should be careful and acquainted about the statute of limitations in an injury case. The elongated time limitation for such cases is beneficial for the ones who realize their wounds after a huge time span of time of the incident. But, if one misses out the set criteria of time for filing of the case then the expected claims won't be received by the victim.
Listed below are some of the important points, why a statute of limitation is necessary in case of a personal injury.
Role of the Statute of Limitation
The Time Boundary
- The statute of limitation has a vital relation in case of a legal inquiry. It works as a huge time bound for the victim to file a personal injury lawsuit against the defendant. It acts as a huge time span for the victim to make the defendant look after for the injuries caused in the accident in the past.
- The external injuries are visible and thus are cured immediately once if contacted a doctor. But the internal injuries which are not visible by the naked eye needs proper medication too because they affect the human body equivalently the way external injuries do. Thus a body pain, sprain, or any such kind of injury should not be overlooked and be treated immediately. If a victim had been through certain kind of injury during the accident in NJ one can claim the amount for it within the statute of two years. Thus the specific time limitation covers the victim for certain injuries to be payable enough by the defendant.
Enough Time Periods for the Realization of External As Well As Internal Injuries
- The statute of limitation acts as a time boundary, an extended one, for the victim. It assures the victim of his/her medical bills being compensated by the defendant up to a certain time period. Thus the victim is secured enough for a particular time span for the injuries happened due to the accident took place reflecting the defendant's fault.
- This time boundary permits the victim to claim the compensation for the internal injuries which affects the human physique after a lengthened period of time. The claim may also include the compensation for the mental situation of the individual affected due to the scenario happened. It affects the individual internally and isn't healed quickly unlike physical injuries. Thus such limitation assures the victim to be under the claim time period and be compensated for the same.
Acts As an Assuring Hand
- The physical injuries caused due to the accident are immediately medicated and starts healing up after being consulted by a doctor. But, if the individual is found out with some internal injuries due to the accident happened in the past makes the injured skeptical about the amount liable to claim for the same.
- Thus the statute of limitation as a sigh of relief for the victims suffering from the extended or the injuries affecting the sufferer lately after the incident. The time period to file the lawsuit for the internal injury to be found lately is good enough for the victim. But, if the victim fails to file the case on time and misses out the laid down time frame then the injuries aren't compensated. The moment decided time boundary is wrapped up; one's case is zipped up as well. A lawsuit filed in New Jersey after summing up of the time frame is not entertained by the legal bodies.
- The limitation acts as an assuring hand for the victim suffering from lengthens injuries caused due to mishap happened. In such cases, the victim faces a situation of a dilemma, whether to handle the situation medically or to look out for the matter of claims.
- This may also put on a burden or mental pressure on the injured and may also traumatize him/her in extreme cases. Thus a victim should be educated about the statute of limitation in brief and be given complete knowledge of the scenario happened and lawful claims of the incident happened.