Going to the dentist isnít anyoneís idea of a fun way to spend the day. Even if you donít mind having to sit uncomfortably on a chair while someone pokes around your mouth, the pain of having teeth cleaned or cavities filled can be unbearable to some.
However, visiting the dentist regularly is important, and you need not worry about pain if you take steps to prevent tooth decay. These are 10 useful tips you can add to your daily routine.
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. We begin the day by brushing our teeth, but not all of us end the day by brushing our teeth. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is the bare minimum of what you should do. This is a tip given by all dentists, including those at Neem Dental.
2. Ideally, you should be brushing your teeth after every meal, and not just twice a day. If you want to prevent tooth decay, you will make the extra effort to brush your teeth after every meal.
3. Merely running your brush against your teeth once wonít do either. A hasty job wonít prevent tooth decay even if you brush after every meal. You need to carefully brush all your teeth, especially your wisdom teeth.
4. Use toothpaste. The fluoride in toothpaste protects your teeth, which is why you need to brush your teeth using toothpaste. What brand of toothpaste should you use? Your South Harrow dentist may recommend a certain brand of toothpaste depending on the condition of your teeth.
5. Floss or inter dental cleaners let you clean between your teeth, something you canít accomplish through brushing alone. By cleaning between your teeth, you can prevent tooth decay. Talk to your Sri Lanka dentist about the best products and brands to use.
6. One of the main tips Neem Dental gives to prevent tooth decay is to pay attention to your teeth and gums. If you notice any cavities forming or discoloring, visit your dentist and have it checked out.
7. Ignoring a problem can worsen the situation and require a bigger procedure than what your Tamil dentist would have recommended had to you visited them as soon as you noticed an issue.
8. Avoid snacks after nighttime brushing. A snack or sweet treat right before bed is something, we are guilty of enjoying. However, if you want to prevent tooth decay, you will want to avoid having snacks, sweets, and fizzy or sugary drinks after your bedtime brushing. If you wake up at some odd hour and crave a cookie or chocolate, remember to brush your teeth before going back to bed.
9. Be mindful of what you eat. If you talk to your Sri Lanka dentist at Neem Dental, you will know that one of the best ways to prevent tooth decay is to be mindful of what you eat. Snacks and sweets can cause tooth decay, so you may want to limit the quantity you consume daily.
When dining out, avoid sugary treats, drinks and desserts because you wonít be able to brush your teeth right after.
Another type of food to avoid is sticky food. Caramel fudge is something none of us can resist. We all love jelly beans and gummy treats. However, these treats can stick to your teeth and cause tooth decay.
10. Visit your dentist regularly. With our busy schedules, we often forget to make regular appointments with our dentists. It is recommended that you have your teeth checked and examined at least twice a year. This way, decay can be located and prevented from worsening.
By visiting your South Harrow dentist regularly, you can also inquire about the best products and practices to prevent tooth decay.