I recently faced a testing situation when my laptop refused to charge even though I connected it to the AC charger. It was a challenging moment for me since I had a looming deadline to meet. Thankfully I was able to tackle it and charge my laptop within an hour. While finding out the solution to this issue I learned that there can be various reasons for this annoying situation.
I want to share my experience with all those who could not wait or afford to hire some professional help in making their laptop charge again. Thatís why I am writing this article. So, read along to know about all the possible causes and their solutions. You will be able to do step-by-step diagnosis and follow the detailed guidance in resolving this common problem.
If you have any questions about your laptop battery not charging, donít hesitate to reach out to us now.
Troubleshooting Your Laptop Battery: Tips & Tricks
Here are a few methods that you can use to get to the root of your laptop battery issues. But, remember, if none of them get your laptop battery charging again, then the battery itself is probably broken and youíll need to find a laptop battery replacement.
1. Unplug the charger; try a different outlet. Sometimes, simply giving it a break for a minute can help.
2. Restart the computer, briefly removing the battery. Similarly, a good olí reboot never hurt anyone.
3. If the laptop is hot, let it cool down first. If the computer is overheated, it canít charge properly.
4. Inspect the cord for any abrasions or frays. Breaks and tears in the cord will prevent it from charging.
5. Examine the connection for wobbliness. If the connection to the computer isnít secure, it wonít work.
6. Replace the entire charging apparatus. Try buying a completely new charger, as that could be the issue.
Laptop Battery Not Charging
7. Update your laptopís battery driver software. For PCs, go to Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Device Manager -> Batteries. Then, download the new driver software and restart your computer. For Apple laptops, open System Preferences and reset the System Management Controller.
8.Replace the battery back in the laptop. If nothing happens then replacing the faulty battery with a new one will be our last resort for resolving the charging problem. But before that you must change your strategy and try to fix the issue using software tricks.
This method needs you to update your battery drivers. But before you proceed further, I recommend that you create a restore point in case you mess up with the Windows settings.
Now that you have created the restore point, navigate to This-PC or My-Computer on desktop and right click on it.
Click on Properties and navigate to Device Manager. Or alternatively, you can type devmgmt.msc in the run command window.