Nowadays in this selfish and a techno-savvy world people don't hesitate or even fear off to cheat people. Any kind of business owners who are trusted by their consumers if are cheated then it creates a sense of distrust for them. The situation may also worsen so much at a time that it may require a legal proceeding. Fraud can be practiced in various ways. There are numerous ways in which a consumer can be cheated. The various types of scams include online scams, debit or credit cards scams; even normal petty shops also may scam a consumer at times. Thus a consumer should always stay alert to avoid the scams at the most possible are on his/her behalf. The customer may not be aware of all the types of consumer frauds. Thus a customer should appoint a lawyer in case of any fraudulent scenarios or in case of any cheating practiced. An expert in such cases guides the individual regarding the proper steps to be taken and about the lawful rights of the consumer as well. It is a legal crime and should be immediately reported by the sufferer to get it sorted in the earliest possible time. A consumer is said to be the king of the market and the business owner's biggest and the only steak. Thus when such people are cheated and their trust is being broken, then even a consumer can lawfully file the case against the fraudulent person.
Mentioned Below Are The Various Types Of The Fraudulent Situation.
- One of the biggest and widely practiced frauds is the debit card fraud. In today's technological world such people do not believe in carrying hard cash. Everyone feels convenience in carrying a debit or credit card. But more the convenience, more are the problems of the brighter side as well. The individual may get cheated in various ways with the help of a debit card. The person may be eluded from his/her rights in numerous ways. There are situations where a consumer has to hand over the debit or credit card for payment of the bill incurred. Consumer fraud can even practice in such scenarios. The card at such times is completely the responsibility of the one who has taken it for the purpose to be completed. The card may be misused to extract personal information of the cardholder. This can turn out to be one of the biggest fraud or illegal practice. The fraudulent person may buy some expensive stuff from the same card and turn the payment of all such expenses towards the cardholder.
- Then if the payment of such expenses is not done on time it may result in an improper bank record which leads to denying of any kind of loan ahead in future because of reduced credit points. Thus a lawyer is the most appropriate person to be contacted to get the case working immediately in the winning spree and the solving the issue in the earliest possible time.
- Counterfeit Charity Groups
- A group of people, dressed up in a particular uniform or maybe even in formals, along with some bogus brochures and pamphlets, can cheat any individual under the name seek of a non- profit organization. It is not always the genuine NGO or a charitable trust group to knock at one's doorstep. There are fake charity groups doing the rounds most of the times to loot people. These groups not only convince people to take off a good some amount of money from them but also try to make fool them to give away some extra amount for other petty expenses of the organization. The group of such people may also try to harass one if they are no able to fool them easily.
- The lawyers in such cases advise the individual to check the proper identity card of the person representing the charity group. If the ID card isn't a satisfactory one and seems to be inappropriate then such people should to immediately ask to leave. There are various other ways to practice charity, thus one should hesitate to be at a bay from the people who don't deserve the hard earned money. Therefore one should stay alert from such groups and should go ahead to help them only after complete evaluation of the legal details of the group.
- One of the most luring and a high rated form of scam is a fake lottery service. In today's scenario who doesn't like easy cash? Many of the people believe in easy cash within fewer time techniques and thus even get trapped in few of them.
- Thus such kind of practices should be avoided by the laymen themselves to be avoiding consumer fraud. The lawyers suggest in such scenarios most the stake of being fooled depends on the person himself/herself. Such types of practices shouldn't be believed at all and one should have confidence in their own self to be successful and powerful.
- Another most common and widely practiced kind of fraud is the online shopping fraud. It is seen today people prefer to shop from online websites rather than actually visiting the stores. It helps to save time, select from the variety of choices, and also get acquainted with many luring discounts and offers. These qualities attract many of the people to shop from various online sites.
- But there are situations when the consumer is being cheated. The quality promised in the description of the product may not be up to the mark of the stated quality. Thus it leads to disappointment of the consumer and gives rise to consumer fraud. In such cases, the consumer can either complain about the responsible person or else if the matter gets severe a lawyer can also help the affected individual to know the door of a consumer court.