We take our hair for granted, and it's one of the main reason for increasing baldness and receding hairline. With the prompt of proper hair care treatments and hair transplant surgeries being undertaken around the world, these procedures are gaining popularity. With many joining the bandwagon of getting a hair transplant done let's explore the expectations of an average person towards a medical hair transplant in Ludhiana.
Hair transplant - what is it?
With thinning of hair and stress baldness has emerged as a major problem. Researchers identified techniques to sort out the increased hair fall and baldness problem. This gave rise to the hair transplant treatments. Just like any other place of the world, hair transplant in Ludhiana is also gaining immense popularity among its population.
Hair transplant is one of the popular surgeries taken by individuals where hair is being transplanted from a dense region to a region with the thin hairline. These treatments were commenced by the year 1950, but throughout has seen major improvements in the treatment methods and advancements.
To elucidate the procedure is simple:
Post hair transplant treatment
- The scalp of the patient is thoroughly cleaned to remove dirt, dust, oil or lies.
- Anaesthesia is injected to numb a part of the back of your head.
- Usually, there are two types of hair transplants generally carried out – Follicular Unit Extraction (FUT) or Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS). The type of hair transplant is usually decided by the doctor in discussion with the patient for the transplant.
- In the FUSS treatment, the surgeon removes strips of skin from the back of the patients head and sews the scalps. The removed area is closed by the hair surrounding it. The surgeon disintegrates the removed area into a region of tiny grafts with individual hairs in each graft.
- FUE procedure adopts the procedure where the back of the patients head is shaved, and the prepared grafts are delicately positioned in the holes or slits that are created for placing the hair. These procedures are carried out only after the patient is administered with the right amount of anaesthesia.
- Usually, the process of hair transplant may vary over a period of 4 to 8 hours based on the density of hair the patient has.
There are several surgeons specialised in hair transplant in Ludhiana who is well versed over the procedures during a transplant to make it a less painful process for the patient. Proper medications are a necessary thing after the completion of the hair transplant procedure. It might also require you to wear bandages for around 2 to 3 days since the scalp might be relatively sensitive after the surgery. Antibiotics or anti-inflammatory drugs might be prescribed by the doctor to avoid irritations or infections after the surgery is over.
It is always a good option to go for a hair transplant in Ludhiana. However, talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of the treatment before beginning it.