It’s shocking how much waste is produced in houses and workplaces every day, so waste build up is becoming one of the biggest problems nowadays. That’s why we need to clean up regularly, and this includes disposing of the waste in a proper way.
Landfill is a common waste treatment, so adding to it can have a detrimental impact on the environment, from polluting the atmosphere to contaminating waterways.
But, if each of us is responsible for our waste, no matter the amount, we can help save energy and prevent pollution.
One of the best environmentally friendly ways to remove our waste is to hire a professional waste disposal company. Luckily, there are thousands worldwide, all providing different services that guarantee waste removal in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Here are a few reasons why hiring a professional waste disposal company is a good option when it comes to both, household and business purposes.
Today, 59% of the waste in the UK is a result of demolition, construction, and excavation activities.
So, if you have a commercial waste you need to take care of, hiring a waste disposal professional will help you reduce your carbon footprint.
In that way, you can be sure that your waste is being managed properly. It could be rubble, bricks, and building waste, or plastics, wood, and metals – these professional skip hire companies won’t send anything recyclable to landfill.
This refers to household waste as well. Throwing away glass, plastics, metals, and wood in your regular waste bin will mean that it’ll all end up in landfill.
What’s more, taking your waste back and forth to the local tip to have it separated is time consuming and tiring.
On the other hand, hiring waste disposal professional means dealing with your waste in a quick and environmentally friendly way.
Taking time to ferry your commercial or industrial waste can be quite expensive if you think about your busy day and hectic schedule. Sorting through your rubbish could take hours, and sometimes even days.
A skip hire company, on the other hand, will allow you to choose the time your skip will be delivered and retrieved. It’s definitely a more convenient option.
A Skip Size for Every Purpose
Professional UK skip hire companies offer a wide range of skip sizes you can choose from, depending on the amount of your waste.
So, there’s a skip size for everything, from small house and garden clear ups and renovations, to large business projects that produce a great amount of rubble waste.
The most common skip sizes you can find include:
• 2-yard skip – the smallest one available used for domestic project use, holding up to 20 bags of waste.
• 4-yard skip – ideal for clearing the garden or refitting the kitchen as it holds up to 40 bags of waste.
• 8-yard skip – also known as builder skip as it’s mostly used for commercial and industrial projects. It holds around 80 black bin bags of waste.
• 10-yard skip – this size is mainly used for light bulky waste, so it can be hired for both, commercial and household purposes. Its capacity is around 100 black bin bags worth of waste.
• 12-yard skip – perfect for working on manufacturing and building sites, business’ fitting shops, as well as domestic projects that yield waste that fills around 120 bin bags.
• 14-yard skip – it holds around 140 bin bags of waste.
• 16-yard skip – this one’s the largest builders skip, holding up to 160 bin bags of waste.
• 20-yard skip – used for bulky clearances and large commercial projects, holding around 175 bin bags.
• 40-yard skip – used for large scale construction projects that produce big amount of waste. It holds up to 350 bin bags of waste.
Tidying Up as You Go
Hiring a skip helps to keep your workplace tidy and safer. It lets you tidy up your work as you go which is especially beneficial if you run a building or gardening company.
No more tripping over pieces of rubble – just put it in the skip as you go.
It turns out, hiring a waste disposal professional or skip hire company is the more convenient, affordable, and timely option.
It’s definitely worth considering for anyone that has a busy lifestyle and waste that needs to be disposed of.