Everyone knows that great style comes from great personality. An item of clothing on one guy may look cool on him and then look terrible on his brother. It happens and is easy to understand. You just need to understand that your average normal guy is normal and average looking and worse yet, has average taste in fashion. He can work out as much as he wants, have plastic surgery, and even win the lottery, but nothing will make him less normal and average faster than improving his wardrobe.
The problem is fashion can be quite the tricky thing for many men. No one is saying you need to be cutting edge, but at least try for up-to-date. Like for example, you really shouldn't need help coordinating appropriate colors with your clothes. It's even easier if you follow a couple simple rules. Here are just some of those rules that men need to pay attention to:
- Match your tie with your shirt - Every guy I know has at least one colored tie that matches a solid-colored shirt. Unfortunately for them, this look is so yesterday and it's time to shake things up a bit. Experiment with color. Don't be shy. If colors aren't your thing, then how about wearing ties with diagonal stripes, plaids or other subtle patterns. Be sure not to forget to match your tie with your shirt, suit, or sweater. Never ever wear a novelty tie unless it's Halloween and part of your costume.
- Pleated pants and flat-front pants - I don't think a lot of guys realize how much better flat-front pants look compared to pleated ones. Unless they enjoy looking fatter than they do since pleats make you appear less slim. The excuse most guys give is that pleats are much more comfortable along with other nonsense along those lines. Another reason why I like flat-front pants is simply because they are a lot more fashionable and trendy at this moment.
- Socks - Well the official unofficial rule for wearing socks is that the color of your socks better match pants. It doesn't need to be the exact same color but in that same color group, at least. One of the latest trends are socks with patterns, such as stripes in various colors. Still remember that even though they are patterned, they still should match your pants and shoes in color.
- Watches - Watches are the single most important accessory a man can own. If you want to be taken seriously for your fashion astuteness, buy yourself a really nice designer watch. It one of the most distinguishable accessories a man can own. I know some men who own more than one watch and have one to match every outfit they own.
- Eyeglasses - Glasses can be much more than just functional. Try using them to enhance your overall look. Purchase a pair of eyeglasses compliments the shape of your face as well as shows off your personality.