It's 2008 and for many that means a wardrobe overhaul. While there are still some carry overs from last season there are a ton of new looks that have taken over our favorite stores. Among the list of this seasons must haves you will find maxi dress, high waisted denim, and even jumpers. As with any clothing trend there are a lot of decade inspired looks this season as well as some other exciting twists and turns. Spring is just around the corner so spruce of your closet by adding clothing that reflect these hot run way trends.
- 1970's: Thought bell bottoms and high waisted pants where something only seen on "That 70's Show," or in your parents old photos? Think again. The seventies are making a big return in 2008 and will be making a cameo in the denim department of your local clothing store. High waisted jeans are going to be big this spring as are bell bottoms and retro print tops and dresses. Think groovy to achieve that 70's cool thats super hot on the runway and in the streets.
- 1930's: Fashion is traveling back even further this spring to bring you that classic 30's influence. Though we saw a small flash of this decade in winter 2007, spring 2008 is really delving into the this delicate era with clothing that takes on a simple yet classic twist. Look for lacy tops in a multitude of colors to really bring the past into your present. There will also be an influx of streamline striped suits reminiscent of this decade. The goal here is to play up the silhouette and look classy, elegant and sophisticated.
- Lingerie: This spring lingerie inspired pieces will hit the rack to further add to that classic chic look. Everything from tops to dresses will be inspired by your bedtime favorites. Lace, boning, bows, and other intimate influences will be a huge thing this spring. There is a movement towards transparent fabrics showing just enough skin without it being tasteless. Layering these lingerie inspired pieces, specifically the transparent tops is fun and sexy way to really bring this fashion trend to your daily life.
- Greek: If you thought the 70's and the 30's were a real blast from the past, you'll be even more surprised to find that many designers are bringing back styles from ancient Greece. Think layers, draping, pleats and flowing fabrics. This trend will heavily influence the all hailed maxi dress which in and of it's self is the perfect this style. Look for long flowing dresses inspired by our Greek ancestors to really feel like a goddess this spring.
- Safari: When you think spring you think warmer weather but designers want you to think hot with various safari inspired looks ranging from the simple khaki colored hat to tribal inspired dresses and tops. With field jackets in olives and croissants, you'll look like your ready to hit the African desert. In keeping with this springs hot adventure, look for accessories and complimentary tops funky tribal designs as well animal prints like zebra stripes.