Jewelries are good accessories, collections and even an investment that will last. It is often used as an ornament that enhances one’s outfit but at the same time it can serve as a family heirloom. It can be passed in the succeeding generations because it’s value and beauty do not depreciate.
Germs and dusts can easily form on the exterior of your jewels . It can build up on your necklace or rings. Proper cleaning of your jewelries is an important factor in preserving and restoring it’s beauty. Below are some tips on how to clean your these precious items
1. For silver pieces, you can use a soft tooth brush and a mild soap. Simply brush the piece of jewelry to remove any debris. Use a running tap water to rinse and a soft cloth to buff and shine it.
2. As an alternative cleaning solution for silver pieces, there are several dips and solutions available where you only need to soak your jewel piece in the solution and it will remove the stains. You must exert extra effort on paying attention to the solution’s instruction because leaving it on for too long can damage your jewel or if you do not rinse it properly, residues might build up.
3. Do not to soak silver jewelries in solutions that contain ammonia because it can damage the jewelry.
4. For Gold jewelry rings, greasy film can build up and make it unattractive. These greasy films often come from body lotions and creams that we use and skin oils also add up to this.
5. For pieces of gold or platinum jewelries, mix a mild soap or washing up liquid with warm water in a bowl. Soak the jewelry in this solution for several minutes to soften the debris or oil that build up on the exterior. Then, remove the gold or platinum jewelry and use a soft brush to scrub and clean the item.
6. For platinum jewelries, you can ask the assistance of professional jewelers.
7. For jewelries with diamonds, soak it in a soft washing detergent then brush gently with a soft brush, because using a hard bristled brush can damage some jewelry.
Cleaning your jewelries properly can help you maintain and restore the beauty that it rightfully posses.