Perms are a great way to add bounce and body to fine, thin hair. It makes your hair appear fuller and lively and makes it easier to style straight hair.
Perming and straightening done at saloons is by use of chemicals which may lead to hair loss and hair breakage later. A lot of care has to be taken to maintain hair after these treatments. Also remember, not every type of hair is suitable to undergo this treatment.
Instead of going in for such chemical treatments and the later regretting, opt for safer natural methods as follows:
1. Put some milk in a spray bottle and spray onto your hair while it's damp. Let set for 20 minutes, then rinse and shampoo. It will make your hair straight and beautiful.
2. For temporary perming, braid damp hair into thin numerous plaits like Africans do and leave till dry, Open the braids and comb using fingers, Voila, you have permed hair with no chemicals used. This perming remains till your next hair wash. Remember not to use a comb or required use a wide tooth comb only. Make sure you have shampooed and conditioned your hair well before doing this.
3. Using small rollers will give your hair a spiral look easily. You can either use them when just out of a head bath and let the hair dry naturally or use a styling gel before rolling up your hair in rollers. When using rollers make sure that you take small sections at a time and do not roll the hair too tight or you’ll land up breaking the hair. Ensure it is a smooth roll.
4. To make hair straight, instead of using the detangling serums available in market make one at home. In one part of any of your favorite hair conditioner mix 10 parts of water. Put in a spray bottle and spray onto your damp hair. Allow drying naturally and voila you have straighter hair.
5. Another way of straightening your hair is by use of the normal iron you use to iron your clothes. But for this it is advisable to have another person do it for you or you may end up burning your hair. This is how it works: take small, thin portions of your slightly wet hair. Comb it to make sure no knots remain. Keep a towel under the hair and using a medium hot iron quickly slide it down the hair length keeping the towel constantly aligned with the iron. This is very similar to using a hair straighter.
There are a lot of chemicals out there in the market that one can opt for but remember if you get your hair chemically treated you need deep conditioning every time you wash your hair.